does anyone keep aggressive bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again, open your strongest colony in thundery weather. Give it a good kick for good measure. Will kill a lot of bees, but give you a feel. My biggest hive was psycho. Whaa?? Thunder 3 hours later

Listen bhoys and ghirls, If I ever do decided to have an aggressive hive, it'll be a long way down the road in my beekeeping life. Who knows, I could possibly change my mind after I've experienced some of my own hives turning aggressive which takes me on to another question,if one has nice docile bees, does their nature stay docile until something bad happens to them or can they just turn aggressive one day out of nowhere. Or is it once the queen swarms, is it the new queen becomes aggressive ?

Who knows ? Bees do what bees do ... I would add incompetent beekeepers to the mix as a factor ...

I've lost the will to participate in this thread any more ...

Some advise guys and gals " Do Not feed The Troll"
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

...........and finally?
Into the valley of death rode the six hundred........:spy:

Listen bhoys and ghirls, If I ever do decided to have an aggressive hive, it'll be a long way down the road in my beekeeping life. Who knows, I could possibly change my mind after I've experienced some of my own hives turning aggressive which takes me on to another question,if one has nice docile bees, does their nature stay docile until something bad happens to them or can they just turn aggressive one day out of nowhere. Or is it once the queen swarms, is it the new queen becomes aggressive ?

Any colony can become grumpy under certain and uncertain conditions. A clumsy thoughtless beekeeper bumbling around in a hive squishing bees will lead to them becoming grumpy. Try to avoid trapping or squishing bees and be smooth and gentle when handling frames. Poor weather is another factor so you need to be thoughtful about that as well. New bees can become aggressive from a new queen that has mated with drones with aggressive genes. Hence do not populate the area with drones from an aggressive hive and be a responsible beekeeper. Would you breed aggressive dogs for the fun of it?

Again, open your strongest colony in thundery weather. Give it a good kick for good measure. Will kill a lot of bees, but give you a feel. My biggest hive was psycho. Whaa?? Thunder 3 hours later

Whilst wearing fur gloves, eating ripe bananas and with a pocket full of pear drops. Maybe a glass of beer or two too?

fcbb55e87d3878dbbd949d1024aef966.jpg

Or have a black velvet pouch hanging out of you pocket
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

O I'm listening alright and I'm taking all information in from this thread and if you read it all again, you'll see there's some in here that backs up what I thought about aggressive bees, they are better at keeping varroa mite away and produce more honey.

A few comments or anecdotes do not constitute evidence, Irishguy.

Is it against the law to keep aggressive bees, No!

I would worry that even if you are 'isolated' your drones will get into the local population and then you'll have to deal with aggressive beekeepers...

Or maybe conduct an inspection in the buff smeared with ripe banana - your pouch will soon be black

:icon_204-2:

But really, please don't do this IG (not the inspection in the buff thing btw, I mean keep aggressive bees lol ). You acknowledge you are inexperienced, and ask for experienced beek's help. Just think of the years of experience amongst the guys and girls in total who have answered your question. Use that knowledge and please be safe.

Latest posts

Back