dead bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but the first few are with the significant mound from previous pictures swept back and these are updated post removing floors etc (except the nuc obv)

the double brood, you may be correct and i may leave as is

ok, thanks....just a shame to lose all of those slabs of stores too

keeping a close eye on the other 2-3 hives (from outside) and will replace floors on Saturday as it will be two weeks

I thought viruses couldn't survive for long away from the host?
Doesn't it depend on the size and structure? CBPV is a single strand RNA virus....about as small and simple as you get. Some viruses are kept alive by freeze drying for vaccines so I wouldn't count on it

replaced the floor on one of my affected hives today....fingers crossed they are ok....they seemed quite lively and have had a good two weeks with no floor raised on a super....

one other died out

watching a nuc and a hive now

replaced the floor on one of my affected hives today....fingers crossed they are ok....they seemed quite lively and have had a good two weeks with no floor raised
Good luck.
I did the same yesterday. No bees dropped for a couple of days and looking through the crownboard I can’t see any obviously sick bees
We shall have to swap notes in the spring

Reactions: Kaz
Back