Crawling bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My point is - if a hive is rammed full of bees, somecwill naturally wander out the entrance. New young furry bes have't beennout, are poor flyers, have never done orientation / mapping flights. If they wander away from the entrance they get lost.

The solution is to expand the hive, give them more room.

So... is the affected nuc completely full?

My point is - if a hive is rammed full of bees, somecwill naturally wander out the entrance. New young furry bes have't beennout, are poor flyers, have never done orientation / mapping flights. If they wander away from the entrance they get lost.

The solution is to expand the hive, give them more room.

So... is the affected nuc completely full?
No the effected hive isn't full and they have a super for extra room, running brood and a half.

It's one key west of Gloucestershire
🤣I guess you don't mean to refer to Key West (the one across the pond)? So perhaps the Gloucestershire location is unlikely to suffer the ministrations of tracheal mite? Maybe the op can correct his/her address to avoid future confusion.

Ten days ago I bought a nuc which arrived with a double handful of dead young bees. Once opened (and every day since) young bees have been leaving the hive and climbing up / falling down blades of grass and dying. I have treated for varroa, given menthol and an oil sugar patty. Any advice please?

What is oil sugar patty?

Latest posts

Back