Dadant 10” smoker with finger guard ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivachaz

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
Hi,

I’d like to get one these which has the
Extra plate protection for the fingers .

It’s on the US Dadant site, but cannot source a uk stockist.

A few uk stockists have the wire guard around the canister type, but not the one I’ve described .

Has anyone found a uk stockist of this
Varient Dadant smoker ?

Picture attached

Attachments

• IMG_9493.jpeg
    IMG_9493.jpeg
    259 KB · Views: 0
Hi,

A few uk stockists have the wire guard around the canister type, but not the one I’ve described .

Varient Dadant smoker ?

Picture attached
I can see that guard is for the fingers, but the bigger wire guard will allow it to be held between the legs. It could be useful.....

See from about 3 mins on this video.

Just save yourself the trouble and get the normal 1…..it’s really a non issue!

Hi,

Varient Dadant smoker ?

Picture attached
I thought it was a hook to hang the smoker on when you have it going but don't use it ?

Hi,

Varient Dadant smoker ?

Picture attached
This is the one I use. The guard is wide (hard to see in the imagaes) but the flaps open out to brilliantly cover the barrel.

https://www.waggleandforage.com.au/..._content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic

Keep your knees warm ?
Probably uses it like Pargyle that because he is a proper beekeeper, not just playing around with half a dozen hives in his backyard.
You can see that he has used a smoker a few times in his life! Absolutely deft. Brilliant to watch.....

why on earth would you want to do that?
If it's not obvious to you, you could ask our "very own" 50+ years with the bees, Michael Palmer (at three minutes).

or Kamon Reynolds at 1.45

Or (like Bob Binnie) another 43+ years experienced and 900 hives Pat Ennis at 1.25...

Looks like that smoker has even less cages protection around it.

Think I’ll get the standard 7” Dadant smoker ,any ideas where the cheapest stockist is?
No, that's what I was getting at when I said "The guard is wide (hard to see in the images) but the flaps open out to brilliantly cover the barrel."

Here is a photo of mine to show you.

Attachments

• IMG_20231021_130459411.jpg
    IMG_20231021_130459411.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
No, that's what I was getting at when I said "The guard is wide (hard to see in the images) but the flaps open out to brilliantly cover the barrel."

Here is a photo of mine to show you.
Yes I understand what you are saying , I can now see the wings on the side.

Thank you for the response back🤗👍

Keep your knees warm ?
chestnuts roasting on an open fire...............
done some daft things in my time - like searching enclosed spaces with the only 'precaution' being to leave my cap next to the open tank cover so pepole know where I am
but to clutch a bean tin full of hot embers between my knees, directly below my nads..........................................

Probably uses it like Pargyle that because he is a proper beekeeper, not just playing around with half a dozen hives in his backyard.
You can see that he has used a smoker a few times in his life! Absolutely deft. Brilliant to watch.....
I know I'm not a proper beekeeper - but I keep bees that rarely need any smoke to make them behave ... so something to hang the smoker up whilst it sits there on the fence is useful !

Latest posts

Back