Crazy weather

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reverend JBM :confused:
More like irreverend :D don't panic! just as chapel Deacon I get lumbered with the (very) early morning service as traditionally, ordained ministers were barred from taking the lead

Last edited:
We have cold record in Lapland so far, -31C (today)

In my property I have snow now 2 cm.

Glad to hear it all went well.

What did they do?

Christmas day is going to be weird - first time that I've taken the early morning service I'll be able to see who's in the congregation!
Maybe this is a downside of the operation?

Some short memories on this thread, methinks. We have had previous similar situations at least once this century. Lots of plants having an unseasonable turn. Coming out in bud late in the year, flowers when they should have been dormant. Back ten years and we thought it was going to be the norm, but it settled down to 'proper', more normal, seasons after a couple years.

Get used to it, as it is likely going to become more common. B****r all we can do about it, in the short term at least. Ten years ago it wa called global warming but now more accepted as climate change.

Its rained here in S. Wales now for over six weeks, it might be mild weather but all this rain is getting to me now! I took this picture a few days ago whilst out walking with the dog.

Britain does not have a climate, just weather?'

Just not true.

Britain has a good climate (as in 'reasonably temperate') but does have some lousy weather.

Climate is a function of average weather and range of fluctuation, I would say. Everywhere has both a climate and weather.

Often wondered what eye operations are like, I suppose you can see some of what they do?

Is the new lens fixed focus?

I had a fragment of metal embedded into my lower eyelid that was scratching my eyeball. It had to be surgically removed.

My head was strapped into a piece of torture equipment and I remained awake during the operation.
Two injections under the eye, and two in the eyeball itself. as you are watching the needle come into the eye, the fear was tremendous, but totally unwarranted. I barely felt a thing.

the knife, the swabbing of the blood when covering the eye and the stiches were weird, but also painless.

I had a fragment of metal embedded into my lower eyelid that was scratching my eyeball. It had to be surgically removed.

My head was strapped into a piece of torture equipment and I remained awake during the operation.
Two injections under the eye, and two in the eyeball itself. as you are watching the needle come into the eye, the fear was tremendous, but totally unwarranted. I barely felt a thing.

the knife, the swabbing of the blood when covering the eye and the stiches were weird, but also painless.

I had the same sort of procedure when I was 22, I was working under a church organ putting screws in and a fragment of the screw head went into my eye, that gadget the strap your head into was quiet fearsome.

Latest posts

Back