Crazy weather

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping to vape mine this week but temps will be up, not that that's a problem but it will be a ball ache going early doors to shut them in.

I didn't bother shutting them in until I was ready to vape - I hear others do the same - they'll get their share of the OA when they go back into the hive anyway

:D
I'm not sure what eye they're doing first - but if it's the left one I hope to be well enough for the Boxing day shoot

A Uncle had new lenses put in both of his eyes and my brother had laser treatment done, they say its the best thing they have ever done, however they had too take it easy for a week or two afterwards ie no boxing matches or head banging to ACDC , so you had best check with the Doctor to see if its ok plinking away with a scatter gun on Boxing day, no bright lights either so no tracers if you are a rubbish shot.:D
Good luck.

Thanks. I will wait for some colder weather over the next few weeks. It is bound to come soon. Odd this year even koi are feeding and on top of the pond, pear trees in blossom and daffodils emerging. I just hope we don't reap a late cold and wet spring!!

.................... but I'm having the first op on my eyes on Wednesday............................

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery. Having an operation on ones eyes is not much fun, but modern medical science is very safe and successful results are virtually assured.

. Odd this year even koi are feeding and on top of the pond, pear trees in blossom and daffodils emerging.

Daffodils emerging is nothing unusual - often see them poking up this ime of the year - used to gave daffodils at the front of the house and they'd often be in flower on Christmas day

Daffodils emerging is nothing unusual - often see them poking up this ime of the year - used to gave daffodils at the front of the house and they'd often be in flower on Christmas day

Nothing unusual there... they will grow during a warm spell and simply just stop then when cold awaiting true onset of Spring.

Visited apiary this AM where have seven colonies 3 Nationals and 4 Nucs . All charging in and out odd one with pollen. One I saw had bulging pollen sacs of luminous orange pollen

Here in the garden this afternoon
13˚

Attachments

• IMG_1662.jpg
    IMG_1662.jpg
    503.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1676.jpg
    IMG_1676.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 19
Best wishes JBM. Hope the op goes smoothly.

Heard on the radio today that the highest temperature recorded for December was 18.3'C which was in the Scottish Highlands! By the way that was in 1948.

well the good news is the surgeon reckons he can get my eyesight back to near normal - no astigamtism and maybe only glasses for reading and due to the massive imbalance with the one eye now 'normal' he'll fast track the second eye (no mention of the third though) - bit weird today, can see the top of the garden without binoculars!!! vision is a bit squiffy still with the 'new' eye settling down so vision phasing in and out, swirling colours and goodness knows what - great, a psychedelic trip on the NHS! :D
Waiting now for the weatherr to clear so that I can once again see the top of Pen Taircarn clearly from the landing window.

Well done JBM's surgeon:)

Splendid, JBM,

I'm very pleased indeed!

The down side for you us that when we meet for a jar at the Convention.........

Dusty

:D

Christmas day is going to be weird - first time that I've taken the early morning service I'll be able to see who's in the congregation!

Very happy for you, it's not fun all the time, this getting old business.

;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back