Covenant restricting trade

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
On Saturday I received a solicitors letter from a neighbour who owns the drive over which I have right of way saying my honey and eggs for sale sign on the road is inviting people to trespass on his drive. They also found out that there is a covenant in my deeds cos it’s grade 2 listed that prevents any trades from my property. Consequently my solicitor advised me to take down the sign and stop selling from my property. It’s all very petty but basically I’m a bit knackered now. Anyone else experienced this sort of crap?

On Saturday I received a solicitors letter from a neighbour who owns the drive over which I have right of way saying my honey and eggs for sale sign on the road is inviting people to trespass on his drive. They also found out that there is a covenant in my deeds cos it’s grade 2 listed that prevents any trades from my property. Consequently my solicitor advised me to take down the sign and stop selling from my property. It’s all very petty but basically I’m a bit knackered now. Anyone else experienced this sort of crap?

Pop round there and chat them up. Schmooze and be nice.

I take it you don't get on with your neighbour!!! A gentle discussion and a promise of six eggs and a jar of honey a month may help!!!
E

Absolutely no way am I doing that. They even took photographs of my wife selling over the gate and cars parked on the drive. Maybe they should have just asked me to get people to park correctly.

You are right there is no love lost. They ain’t getting owt from me.

Absolutely no way am I doing that. They even took photographs of my wife selling over the gate and cars parked on the drive. Maybe they should have just asked me to get people to park correctly.

In which case you’re stuffed.
And it’s your own fault!

Yes I have lost but I only asked if anyone else had experienced this. I’m not interested in making up and to be sure every dog has his day

Yes I have lost but I only asked if anyone else had experienced this. I’m not interested in making up and to be sure every dog has his day

Yes.
People have experienced just what you have
Some had better luck than you because they tried to work with their neighbours

Couldn't agree more, there are some truly despicable 'sorts' out there. Petty, spiteful, unpleasant and the World would be a better place without them.
No doubt they are whiter than white themselves (I doubt it) I hope you find a particularly horrible but very effective way of paying them back ten fold, it's no more than they deserve.

Mmm not sure how you work out it’s my own fault. Some people just cannot be placated and these people fall into that category.

Couldn't agree more, there are some truly despicable 'sorts' out there. Petty, spiteful, unpleasant and the World would be a better place without them.
No doubt they are whiter than white themselves (I doubt it) I hope you find a particularly horrible but very effective way of paying them back ten fold, it's no more than they deserve.

Trust me there’ll be a way

I can’t believe you said that?
Wars between neighbours must be amongst the most life blighting scenarios ever devised

Revenge is a dish best eaten cold.....

My last house had a covenant that prevented me from keeping a caravan, fair ground ride, coconut stall or any fairground equipment in or on my my premises.
When I purchases a motor home the grumpy next door neighbor got very arsesy....
... started sending me a plethora of solicitors letters etc etc.... until my solicitor wrote back to his solicitor and explained in words of one syllable that a motor home was not a caravan but a recreational vehicle... they moved!

Could you find a local shop that will take your produce on a sale or return basis.... you could then put a sign in your front window saying that due to .... goods available at.....

Chons da

Last edited:
A couple of hives in the garden strategically positioned so the trajectory of the shite line crosses the washing line ;)

Latest posts

Back