Correx Nuc Boxes

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tberni

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
several
I have taken orders on a few nucs this year and to my surprise a number of people do not really want the nuc box included. For next year (2012), I was thinking of doing some Correx boxes in order to make the nucs cheaper.

Apart from *******, can anyone recommend another supplier of correx boxes.

Many thanks
Tim

im also looking for some Correx nuc boxs, there always useful

The Fragile Planet people have an origami version!

Jc

Has anyone tried making their own?
Jewson have the 2mm correx for £4.50 as 2.4 by 1.2m sheet

Not really a viable option as a sheet the size you mention for £4.50 would only make one box...and a few hours of cutting out all the various bits and pieces,not easy, and you can buy the real thing for £4

I was going to suggest William, but thought that suggestion might go down like a lead balloon - so I won't!!:biggrinjester::biggrinjester:

RAB

rab - since they are £4 elsewhere why would anyone pay £10 for a WPF one? or is chance of added Melissococcus plutonius worth the extra £6 for those with a gambling addiction wanting to play russian roulette with their bees!!!!

Not really a viable option as a sheet the size you mention for £4.50 would only make one box...and a few hours of cutting out all the various bits and pieces,not easy, and you can buy the real thing for £4

HM I have not seen any of the boxes mentioned up close so may be out of my depth as I don’t know the construction but I would think that you can get more than one from an 8’x 4’ sheet.

HM I have not seen any of the boxes mentioned up close so may be out of my depth as I don’t know the construction but I would think that you can get more than one from an 8’x 4’ sheet.

The dimension of the flat box is 4ft 8 inches x 3ft.

And the 4ft 8" needs to run lenghtwise with the grooves in the correx.

Last edited:
If you buy enough the manufacturers would supply 'non-standard' sizes, making it very economical. It is just that the normal 8 x 4 (old money) sized sheets are the ones stocked by most retailers.

RAB

If you buy enough the manufacturers would supply 'non-standard' sizes, making it very economical. It is just that the normal 8 x 4 (old money) sized sheets are the ones stocked by most retailers.

RAB
Good idea Rab....why don't you give it a go,if you can knock out the correx box's for under £4 i will be your first customer,around £1 per box would be good.

Only teasing...

Last edited:
Good idea Rab....

Not a chance. All I was saying was a 1.2m x 2.4m sheet (the norm) is a real waste of space for these and those that can order large quantities will be those that can turn them out for less. We used to buy in cardboard boxes by the thousands, all computer designed and machine folded/scored.

I wonder what the minimum order would be for a sheet, for making exactly one (or two) boxes. I could ask the suppliers but am not that interested. I know it would be more than I am ever likely to need!! I will settle, with a reasonable profit,to source from a respected stockist, like you.:)

Regards, RAB

Latest posts

Back