Controling your children

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve1958

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Most people nowadays think it improper to spank children, so I have tried other methods to control my kids when they have one of 'those moments.'

One that I have found very effective is for me to just take the child for a car ride during which I say nothing and give the child the opportunity to reflect on his or her behavior.

I don't know whether it's the steady vibration from the car, or just the time away from any distractions such as TV, Video Games, Computer, IPod, etc.

Either way, my kids usually calm down and stop misbehaving after our car ride together. I believe that eye to eye contact during these sessions is an important element in achieving the desired results.

I've included a photo below of one of my sessions with my son, in case you would like to use the technique.

This works with grandchildren,
nieces, and nephews as well

Give it a Try???

view

Its a pity the picture does not display, but that one has been doing the rounds for months anyway.

I think it's important to reserve my Eye contact for the road ;)

An old way of dealing with stroppy kids is to nail one foot to the ground they can then only vent their spleen by running round in a circle until exhausted !
keeps them out of ones way effectively not worthy

John Wilkinson

if you have two or more children

a) pick favourite child put to one side
b) take up other child and tie rope round its legs and suspend from ceiling.
c) beat suspended child with cricket bat till silent and leave for two weeks.

Remaining child is unusually co operative for the remainder of its life. May become necessary to repeat procedure if you give birth to more children. I dont know why this works but it does.

I date the deterioration in children's behaviour back to the introduction of central heating. So few chimneys to clean nowadays...

no sorry i am a walloper come from a family of wallopers, some of us needed more walloping than others, many me i might ad

if as a parent , who is ten times the size of a child, ten times the voice control of a child and in theroy ten times the brains of a child, why can they not control the child with out the wallop.

I shouted at my son once as ran off from us in a gerden centre heading straight to the pot plants, i shout stand still and got about half the store to freeze, brilliant reaction.

Latest posts

Back