Commercial bee keeping experience

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaycey001

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hello

I am looking for some experience working on a commercial bee keeping farm. I have an introductory certificate in bee keeping and would be grateful of any advice on who to contact. I have looked on the internet but am struggling to find many dedicated bee farms.
I have been offered some voluntary work on a farm in Essex however i have a young family to support so an income would be helpful.
I have a biology degree and a Masters of Philosophy in ecology and am interested in all aspects of bee keeping on a commercial level.
Many thanks
James.

I suspect you need to find the beefarmer and approach them first. A possible route to do this is to contact the Bee Farmers' Association.

Try here http://www.beefarmers.co.uk/join and use the e-mail links.

I fear you may have to offer your services free to begin with to gain experience.

There are not many beefarmers who are large enough to employ people and of the few I know in the UK and Europe who do employ folk their employees all mostly come from Eastern Europe - no one else will put up with the back breaking work and low pay!

Latest posts

Back