Giving up bee keeping!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surely you can get some from Roy's.

Does Roy's sell bees yet? Sells everything else.
Used to love going that way, and spending too much at Wroxham barns.
Thats a blast form the past - haven't been to Roys of Wroxham for the better part of twenty-five years - are they still going?

"Thats a blast form the past - haven't been to Roys of Wroxham for the better part of twenty-five years - are they still going?"

They are indeed! No bees though... ;) they wont stay in the carrier bags...;)🐝;)

Sorry I disappeared for a bit, I have been in bed with Covid. Am still feeling rough, but think I am over he worse of it now.

Thanks again for the continued kind messages.

I had to cancel the collection date that 2 of my hives were getting picked up on and will reschedule soon. So have not listed the other hives or any kit yet, but will be listing in due coarse.

Sorry I disappeared for a bit, I have been in bed with Covid. Am still feeling rough, but think I am over he worse of it now.

I had to cancel the collection date that 2 of my hives were getting picked up on and will reschedule soon. So have not listed the other hives or any kit yet, but will be listing in due coarse.
Must have been a bit of an interesting time for you and your other half ... did the children get it as well ? Glad you are feeling a bit better ... it really can be a very unpleasant disease and there's still a lot of it about.

I hope the symptoms were not too bad. Glad you are recovered.

The other 1/2 was not very ill. She just had a headache mostly. If me and the boys were not ill, she would never have done a test and never even have known she had it.

Our 2yo had a temp for about 4 days and lots of snotty nose. Our 5yo was flat out in bed for 24h, but has been fine since.

I was flat out for a few days like having a flu, then just as I was getting better I got a rotten chest and sinus infection to boot. But I have some antibiotics now and they seem to be doing the job. I still feel very weak and tied, but am definitively past the worse now.

If I did not get the lung butter infection to boot, I dont think the covid alone would have been too bad.

After having a confirmed case we are now convinced we had Covid in Feb of 2020. But we had it far worse back then. My youngest was only 1m old at the time, him and my wife ended up in hospital. I was offered a place in hospital when I drooped my wife in, but declined as I had to look after my other boy. My wife, youngest and I, took over a year to fully recover.

When we were in A&E because of the state of my youngest in 2020, I remember a consultant wanting to covid test all of us. He was convinced we had it, but because we had not been out of the country or had contact with someone who had in the last 2 weeks, he could not get permission to test us. I remember hearing him on the phone talking to someone and saying "they are all coughing, all have temperatures, they are not well", I remember him saying "surely we can test 1 of them", he was on the phone for what seemed like forever trying to get us a test. I remember he came back and explained he tried, but could not get permission. I still remembering him saying "he was sorry, but its not up to him", I cut him off and said, "I could hear you m8, every word, I know you did all you can".

So compared to 2 years ago, it is very tame this time round.

Obviously I will never know 100% if it was covid in 2020. But its something I have suspected for a long time and my recent experience has convinced me more than ever it was.

But if I am right and did have the original Wuhan strain in Feb 2020, them I can vouch this Omercold variant is a lot less potent.

Well that's my little Covid 2020 story. Most the people I have told that I think I had covid in 2020 just stare back disbelieving and start telling me, "but covid was not being publicly transmitted in the UK at that time, bla bla bla". And maybe they are right, but I know what I think........

The other 1/2 was not very ill. She just had a headache mostly. If me and the boys were not ill, she would never have done a test and never even have known she had it.

Our 2yo had a temp for about 4 days and lots of snotty nose. Our 5yo was flat out in bed for 24h, but has been fine since.

I was flat out for a few days like having a flu, then just as I was getting better I got a rotten chest and sinus infection to boot. But I have some antibiotics now and they seem to be doing the job. I still feel very weak and tied, but am definitively past the worse now.

If I did not get the lung butter infection to boot, I dont think the covid alone would have been too bad.

After having a confirmed case we are now convinced we had Covid in Feb of 2020. But we had it far worse back then. My youngest was only 1m old at the time, him and my wife ended up in hospital. I was offered a place in hospital when I drooped my wife in, but declined as I had to look after my other boy. My wife, youngest and I, took over a year to fully recover.

When we were in A&E because of the state of my youngest in 2020, I remember a consultant wanting to covid test all of us. He was convinced we had it, but because we had not been out of the country or had contact with someone who had in the last 2 weeks, he could not get permission to test us. I remember hearing him on the phone talking to someone and saying "they are all coughing, all have temperatures, they are not well", I remember him saying "surely we can test 1 of them", he was on the phone for what seemed like forever trying to get us a test. I remember he came back and explained he tried, but could not get permission. I still remembering him saying "he was sorry, but its not up to him", I cut him off and said, "I could hear you m8, every word, I know you did all you can".

So compared to 2 years ago, it is very tame this time round.

Obviously I will never know 100% if it was covid in 2020. But its something I have suspected for a long time and my recent experience has convinced me more than ever it was.

But if I am right and did have the original Wuhan strain in Feb 2020, them I can vouch this Omercold variant is a lot less potent.

Well that's my little Covid 2020 story. Most the people I have told that I think I had covid in 2020 just stare back disbelieving and start telling me, "but covid was not being publicly transmitted in the UK at that time, bla bla bla". And maybe they are right, but I know what I think........
Strangely both my wife and myself had what we thought was flu around that time. It might or might not have been COVID but it knocked us both for six and I was around 3 months later still low on energy and coughing up gobs of thick phlegm.

Were you vaccinated?

My wife has had 2 shots, I have not had any.

Strangely both my wife and myself had what we thought was flu around that time. It might or might not have been COVID but it knocked us both for six and I was around 3 months later still low on energy and coughing up gobs of thick phlegm.

The low energy, endless phlegm and fatigue sounds like what we had. I suspect its simlar to what I have now, as in it started as covid then the phlegm infection joined the party.

Its frustrating that I will never know 100% if it was covid or not.

Not yet but still a good price on the 1kg of cane sugar

convinced SWMBO and a few family members got it way back on Christmas eve that year (we had a wedding) it took Belinda almost a month to feel half human again, my mother then got it, I think it was February that year, she was tested so was confirmed positive, she came out of self isolation a few hours before the first lockdown started!! as both me and my mam were in the vulnerable category, the only interaction we had until mid summer was her standing in her flat doorway and me at the end of the corridor. Both being a bit deaf I think half the town knew our business!!

Latest posts

Back