Cold Spring antidote

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

straightman21

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Got so fed up with the cold and reading of lost colonies that I had a look back through the summer posts just to warm me up. Reminded me that we will soon stop worrying about feeding and frosts, and instead it will be queries over swarming, queen cells and supering. Bring it on!

true...

......but I thought this was going to be a free Red Sea holiday offer!

Had a nice week in Egypt at 30C at end of January but just a faint memory now! Seriously starting to look at properties in France as another 12 months like the last lot will just about finish it for me. No veggies planted, no bees to upset, no grass for the sheep. Pah!

Had a nice week in Egypt at 30C at end of January but just a faint memory now! Seriously starting to look at properties in France as another 12 months like the last lot will just about finish it for me. No veggies planted, no bees to upset, no grass for the sheep. Pah!

Go for it.
Need to go far south if you want serious warmth - even then, will not be a seriously warm as Egypt :)

Too many foreigners - doubt France would be any better either

Too many foreigners - doubt France would be any better either

I stopped in St Ives last week (fine little english town) to ask directions, so i seen this lad out walking his dog and i asked him for directions. He looked at me and said No Speeky d english, Only in England!

Got so fed up with the cold and reading of lost colonies that I had a look back through the summer posts just to warm me up. Reminded me that we will soon stop worrying about feeding and frosts, and instead it will be queries over swarming, queen cells and supering. Bring it on!
Be careful what you wish for......It might come true

I stopped in St Ives last week (fine little english town) to ask directions, so i seen this lad out walking his dog and i asked him for directions. He looked at me and said No Speeky d english, Only in England!

He was Cornish obviously

"Too many foreigners - doubt France would be any better either"
I'm used to that, I live in west Wales! ( I'll get my coat)

But hopefully they still haven't twigged to the full extent of the stealthy recolonisation of our lost province of Aquitaine!

Shhhh you'll give the game away - we have managed to infiltrate the local Council and the Salle de Fete committee so far. The Department (County) Council is next on the list:spy:

Did he mean St Ives, Cornwall? He said English town. Thought there was a St Ives in England also???

Isn't that St Ive's............

we have no less than three St Ives in a row on the way from Kelliwick ( Callington) to Liskeard!

Latest posts

Back