Chipper question????

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
At the traffic lights yesterday I perused the flash cards in the chippie window.

One caught my eye and I have to say I've had a sheltered life as I have never seen....

Boiled Potatoes for sale in a chipper before.

Have you?

PH

nay it is supposed to be mince beef pie and mash spuds in a brown paper bags and green liquor made of boiled eels and parsley sauce

in our chippie the mince though is normal grey low grade recovered animal bits, i will not call it mince beef, instant mash potatoes and a white parley sauce that has never seen an eel

Nothing like the Pie & Mash in Battersea then..... in my yoof !!

now I have to settle for a pastie!

Crispy battered fish and slimy boiled potatoes??? Nah!!! Gotta be chips!!!!!!!!

Ben P

nay it is supposed to be mince beef pie and mash spuds in a brown paper bags and green liquor made of boiled eels and parsley sauce

in our chippie the mince though is normal grey low grade recovered animal bits, i will not call it mince beef, instant mash potatoes and a white parley sauce that has never seen an eel

Then it simply isn't pie and mash. Merely pie and mashed potato, not the delicacy to which you refer.

Crispy battered fish and slimy boiled potatoes??? Nah!!! Gotta be chips!!!!!!!!

Ben P

Why should boiled potatoes be slimy? You need to change the way you cook, Ben.

In Whitby the chippies batter fish fillets complete with skin before deep frying !:puke:

John W.

it really is grim oop north!
Never accept a heated pie in Liverpool, the method of heating is to throw it in the hot oil along with the chips ! I suppose it adds a little flavour :)

John Wilkinson

to be honest, I don't think I've ever purchased fish'n'chips anywhere except in Norfolk. and from some of the posts on this thread, I reckon that's been a good choice !!

to be honest, I don't think I've ever purchased fish'n'chips anywhere except in Norfolk. and from some of the posts on this thread, I reckon that's been a good choice !!

You eat your Norfolk fish 'n' chips and we'll have the best!!

Mossley is the home of the UK's first fish and chip shop. (Places tin hat on head and ducks down)!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fish_and_chips

is that like the Oscars, judged by the trade, for the trade?

Go into your chippy order a mars bar, unrap it ,ask to cover it in batter and fry for 2 min. Brill.....

Dinna start that rubbish please, it was first done in Stonehaven for a bet, and now the whole world believes that the puir bloody Scots live on the blasted things.

We are discussing boiled tatties. Ken? Nae choccy, spuds.

PH

Is it true that a Scottish salad is cold chips with mayonnaise?

Personally I don't believe it.

There, that's how you get a cheap laugh without taking any blame!!

Ian

Latest posts

Back