Censorship

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
4 hives, 2 nucs
When a member starts a thread about a problem he has and is warning other members about this, why does Hivemaker remove these threads, I know he is good friends with the person being complained about and is that why he removes them ???

Does he think this forum is in China and he is in full control ???, thought this site was for the members and not one person !!

Admin....it's not good that members can voice their opinions about problems with suppliers and a best mate then removes them.

So I am unsure of the correct rules but believe the protocol is that a person can tell of their experience but avoid naming the company outright as often they are not on the forum and may not be able to execute an adequate right to reply.

We all want to hear of serious issues that could affect us or are bees but are not terribly interested in personal disputes as these are nearly always unproductive and boring.

I don't believe Hivemaker has recently learnt Mandarin...

So, with as much calm balance as you can muster, what was your experience?

All the best,
Sam

the original thread this refers to was mine 'Buyer beware', the supplier was not named on the forum and it was closed because it was considered a 'postal dispute', which it most definatly was not.
i have had two further threads i started removed, by the moderator.

mike

I know the person that is complaining and I also know Hivemaker and the supplier in question, it's just unfair that a post is removed due to friendship between moderator and the supplier.

I know the person that is complaining and I also know Hivemaker and the supplier in question, it's just unfair that a post is removed due to friendship between moderator and the supplier.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of this dispute (and I haven't been paying attention) posting multiple copies of complaining pieces is akin to writing your forum suicide note. It is more usually called spamming.

If I was the district judge looking at case coming before me and I was friends of one of the parties, I could not hear the case....may be this should be the case on here with the moderator ??

and as a moderator on another site, i would consider spamming to be multiple posts within a thread

Im sure Pete will cancel my membership, is that what you pay for each month when you give a donation ???

This site should be here to help membership with problems (bees & suppliers) !!!

Frankly multiple posting by a new member = spamming.
You deserve to be banned - if only for poor manners .

Edit
and having seen your multiple posts - you DESERVE to be banned .

Im sure Pete will cancel my membership, is that what you pay for each month when you give a donation ???

This site should be here to help membership with problems (bees & suppliers) !!!

Please, just get out. Thanks.

The forum rules are the forum rules. If there were no rules there would be even more rows about what is posted.

I prefer that this is a place with few bans. I would favour cooling off non posting period for multiple posting.

wow, lets shoot the messenger. i have had my last two threads removed, how about we all jump up and down about that

Censorship is not a word I like associated with the forum.
I have not had a chance to chat with Hivemaker yet so it would be unfair to comment without hearing what pm's he has had /replied to.

From reading through the thread about a named supplier it looks like everything was ok until the suppliers name was posted rather than pm'd to other members.

Only last month I was threatened with legal action by one of the big beekeeping suppliers.

As a forum I like to be as open as possible BUT when the threat of legal action is put forward then we have to think very hard in regards to removing posts.

Admin.

Censorship is not a word I like associated with the forum.
I have not had a chance to chat with Hivemaker yet so it would be unfair to comment without hearing what pm's he has had /replied to.

From reading through the thread about a named supplier it looks like everything was ok until the suppliers name was posted rather than pm'd to other members.

Only last month I was threatened with legal action by one of the big beekeeping suppliers.

As a forum I like to be as open as possible BUT when the threat of legal action is put forward then we have to think very hard in regards to removing posts.

Admin.

Fair enough, but can I have my stylish avatar back ?

hi admin, thanks for leaving this thread open. i hope paul isn't banned, he was more upset than me about my threads being shut down.

mike

and mbc, the one you have is bad enough, disgusting robot

Hi Admin. Thank you for the comment left and I under stand about the supplier name being given and then possible legal action. But to have further threads removed (without the name) is unfair.

i think if you go through the original thread, 'Buyer beware', you will find that i have not given the suppliers name or location

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back