Cedar supplier South Wales

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, does anyone know of a sawmill in South Wales which supply square and planned cedar planks ready to use please?
Talley sawmills
- <edit> although I'm not sure whether they'll do planed

Hi, does anyone know of a sawmill in South Wales which supply square and planned cedar planks ready to use please?
Hey, did you ever find one?

Yes, Talley Sawmill as JBM suggested. They are the nearest from me.
Talley being the Anglicised name for Talyllychau (meaning the side of the lakes) indicative of the Abbey of the white canons built there by my ancestor Prince Rhys ap Gruffudd Prince of Deheubarth and Prince of Wales - the ruins still remain. Also said to be the final resting place of the great mediaeval poet Dafydd ap Gwilym

Talley being the Anglicised name for Talyllychau (meaning the side of the lakes) indicative of the Abbey of the white canons built there by my ancestor Prince Rhys ap Gruffudd Prince of Deheubarth and Prince of Wales - the ruins still remain. Also said to be the final resting place of the great mediaeval poet Dafydd ap Gwilym
Thanks @jenkinsbrynmair for the bit of local history...lucky this is not France or your head may still be at stake 🤣

This is what they have as standard size/price and should be getting a quote for for 235mm wide tomorrow, will let you know.
https://talleysawmill.co.uk/collections/western-red-cedar
Thanks Jeff, I don't really need to know as I have a local supplier and was just curious as to the prices others pay.
If the prices quoted are ex VAT I pay around 50% of those prices.

Edit.
Having reread the Original post it asks for "timber planks ready to use" I have to season mine to use so that may account for discrepancy in prices?

Last edited:
Thanks Jeff, I don't really need to know as I have a local supplier and was just curious as to the prices others pay.
If the prices quoted are ex VAT I pay around 50% of those prices.
Where do you get yours from? I was going to check out the sawmill at Cocking….

Where do you get yours from? I was going to check out the sawmill at Cocking….
I don’t know a sawmill at Cocking although I have bees there. (Oooops just thought you may mean the place on the South Downs Way)
The sawmill I use is between Fernhust and Milland

Latest posts

Back