Cbpv

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finman - Whatever is the point in asking someone for facts, who is not claiming to present them, but is - I would have thought: obviously - wondering aloud about this on a beekeeping forum, in the hope that others might have their own own input or empirical evidence?

Or may know of research?
(For all I know tea tree derived treatments were tried with varroa but were found too toxic for the bees, for instance.)

I have an education of biological researcher. I do not give much value for forum quessing.

Universities research bee diseases. It is not quessing issue.

I have an education of biological researcher. I do not give much value for forum quessing.

We don't all have to be biological researchers
Fritillary is right to ask...there might have been something out there?
You could have just said it has been tried and found not to work

We don't all have to be biological researchers

Yeah, one of those English intellectual poking phrase.

That would be amazing. We have already quite much unemployed biological researchers.
But I do not know any bee disease, where tea tree is effective. IT works with everything else, but not with bees.

Last edited:
A leopard does not change its spots ... Arrogant Researcher Self Exalting ...

Village dog will never stop barking. It is its only duty what it knows. Of course, lift the leg..

Arrogant leopard... Best, what I have ever been named.

Last edited:

When was your last publication?

What does this biological research stem from, at the outset?
Maths and theoretical physics??
Or data (personal experience and observation) + theories (aka guessing)

- It's a wonder people were ever able to learn anything new at all isn't it, when there was no readymade university research already there to back them up.

Have 2 hives with suspected Paralysis Virus. 1 has plenty of hairless bees but is still going strong with a minimum of dead bees on the OMF. the other had hundreds of them piled up on the OMF but has no naked or trembling bees. I added a 14x12 on both of them with foundations to reduce congestion as I read they spread the virus by rubbing against each other. they both have now 4 supers and 2 14x12s.

Is there anything else I can do apart from good apiary hygiene? should I harvest the honey and give back the wet supers to spread them out? supers very heavy but a lot of uncapped frames. Both colonies seem to be doing ok for now but I dread going into winter with them...

Cbpv was extensively discussed and solution given previously in here. The thread was titled spray poisoning if I recall correctly. The forum search button should help.

What does this biological research stem from, at the outset?
Maths and theoretical physics??
Or data (personal experience and observation) + theories (aka guessing)

The research is " Intercultural communication via English intelligent poking and via Welsh village dog barking".

Only £ 50

Last edited:
Thymol does work

I asked about thymol mostly as I hadn't used it here for 2 or 3 years, and I don't think the other colonies I know of locally which went down with the virus would have been treated with it either. Other varroa treatments but not thymol. I don't know anyone else locally who's had it and Apiguard is popular.

If we speak about paralyse virus, change the Queen. Then you kick off the virus sensitive genes from your apiary and from your environment. It is easy. Buy a new laying queen. .

Latest posts

Back