Bubbles in honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alltddu

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Has anyone tried clearing bubbles from soft set honey with an ultrasonic cleaner? Wondering if it's worth a try. Or any other ideas? Just bottled a batch yesterday and it was a bit too cold for it - a lot of them have a little bit of air in them from the bottling machine. Otherwise it's really good smooth honey. At present just going over the surface a few times with a knife.

Has anyone tried clearing bubbles from soft set honey with an ultrasonic cleaner? Wondering if it's worth a try. Or any other ideas? Just bottled a batch yesterday and it was a bit too cold for it - a lot of them have a little bit of air in them from the bottling machine. Otherwise it's really good smooth honey. At present just going over the surface a few times with a knife.

Put them on top of a washing machine on spin cycle. On a tray with decent height sides.

This was meant to be a serious question not an opportunity for male beeks to admit they don't know how to operate a washing machine 😂
Not just male. My washing machine has never worked on its spin only cycle until my husband made me read the instructions 🤭

Okay - I found the washing machine, and the spin setting, and the power switch! 😂 But the thing didn't vibrate enough to make any difference, even to a jar of recently bottled runny. 😥 Still very interested in ultrasonics.

Okay - I found the washing machine, and the spin setting, and the power switch! 😂 But the thing didn't vibrate enough to make any difference, even to a jar of recently bottled runny. 😥 Still very interested in ultrasonics.
just put a couple of bricks in the machine to put it off balance.

Latest posts

Back