• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

British Black bee 14x12 nuc for sale. Chester

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hi I have one British black bee nuc for sale on 5 14x12 Hoffman frames. The nuc is a 14x12 plywood nuc purchased from C Wynne Jones for £50. The bees are very gentle and easy to handle and the queen is an unmarked 2017 open reared F1 hybrid. I would like £150 for the nuc...

I've also got a further nuc which should be ready in about 4 weeks...

Please pm me, collection from Churton, Chester.

Cheers,

Carl

Is this still for sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi I have one British black bee nuc

Suggest you define the lineage. You may be misleading people into thinking they are old Amm's which are often referred to as British Black Bee, Most British bees are mongrels of many races.

Yes the nuc is still for sale, as beefriendly points out I can't prove the lineage but they are very dark in colour and look different to most of the mongrels you see at other hives... They were originally a swarm I lured into a hive last year and this is a nuc I've made up from them this year. They are productive, very gentle to handle and have been treated for varroa. They will need hiving soon.
We are away this weekend but I'll be back on Monday and at home all next week so if you want to go ahead send me a pm and I'll send you my contact details...

Cheers,

Carl

Last edited:
Yes the nuc is still for sale, as beefriendly points out I can't prove the lineage but they are very dark in colour and look different to most of the mongrels you see at other hives... They were originally a swarm I lured into a hive last year and this is a nuc I've made up from them this year. They are productive, very gentle to handle and have been treated for varroa. They will need hiving soon.
We are away this weekend but I'll be back on Monday and at home all next week so if you want to go ahead send me a pm and I'll send you my contact details...

Cheers,

Carl

Sorry if they are from a swarm how do you know that it was an F1 hybrid open mated queen? DO you have paperwork to prove what you are selling?

Latest posts

Back