• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Kit and bees for sale. Giving up beekeeping

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arfermo

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Enough
Anno domini and a wife with alzheimers makes it necessary to sell up.
FOR SALE IN ONE LOT ONLY NO SPLITTING. Collect only – Shrewsbury SY5.

ALL NATIONAL EQUIPMENT worth well over £1,000. Ideal starter kit for a new beekeeper.

2 x complete national hives comprising stand, OMF, brood box, Q/E, 11 framed castellated super, C/B and metal flat roof - £250 each ono, full of highly active bees and marked and clipped queens.
2 x stainless steel extractor, 1 new unused 6 frame radial, the other is 8 frame radial modified to take national frames, used once - £200 ono each.
A very old but fully serviceable large 8 gallon max. 3kw Burco wash-boiler that many beekeepers would give their eye teeth for to boil 20 or more old frames at a time or as modified to reclaim wax.
Also:
1 x spare BB 11 slot castellated inc. 11 drawn frames,
2 x spare cedar supers 11 slot castellated inc. 11 drawn frames in each,
1 Swienty 11 frame super inc. 11 drawn frames,
1 almost new empty 11 slot castellated cedar super,
Pile of new unassembled Hoffman DN & SN frames,
National 5 frame nuc box containing 5 DN cleaned frames ready for foundation,
Spare old but serviceable OMF,
New unused QE & CB + several other pieces for covering open supers whilst taking frames for extraction, Several correx and metal varroa sheets for OMF slots. New unused castellations – 4prs x 10 slot and 2 prs x 11 slot, oxalic acid,
Foundation – 30 x deep and 40 x shallow sheets,
2 x white XL laundered overalls and smocks with hoods,
Multiple other bits and pieces. Rapid feeders, hive tool, crown of thorns in a case, marking paint, soy protein, newish smoker, Ascetic acid, 3 x 35 lb food grade honey buckets, 25 lb bucket with outlet tap for filling honey jars, box of unused 1lb honey jars and metal lids, S/S double honey strainer, etc, etc
Offers please by end of April 2022
Please PM

Last edited by a moderator:
@Arfermo. I think in your circumstances a PM would be better than posting your contact details. Another forum member kindly let me know that you’d posted them.
So sorry to hear you are having to give up. Even sorrier to hear that your wife’s condition has worsened.
Stay on the Forum won’t you, if you can.

@Arfermo. I think in your circumstances a PM would be better than posting your contact details. Another forum member kindly let me know that you’d posted them.
So sorry to hear you are having to give up. Even sorrier to hear that your wife’s condition has worsened.
Stay on the Forum won’t you, if you can.
Thanks for the adjustment. Just hope I get some offers as I don't really need any more cash - just space for my other 'junk', like dozens of the original type Kilner jars and lids that one can still get spares for if you know where to look - Germany where else???? Any offer for some of them accepted too.:):)

Hi Arfermo,

I missed your advert .... and fully understand your situation. Looking after anyone with any incapacity can be an all-consuming activity and when the person you are caring for is your partner of many years and the incapacity is Alzheimers, with all that dreadful affliction entails, I cannot begin to imagine what your life is like.

It's no contest, bees will always be there, your wife, sadly, will not and your dedication to personally caring for her, in your advancing years, is to be commended - indeed I am in total awe as I'm not sure I could do it.

Stick around if you can, when you get chance to dip in your contributions will always be welcome. We wish you and your wife the best that the future can provide.

Philip

Ta for that. Every day a blessing now.
Hugh

Anno domini and a wife with alzheimers makes it necessary to sell up.
FOR SALE IN ONE LOT ONLY NO SPLITTING. Collect only – Shrewsbury SY5.

ALL NATIONAL EQUIPMENT worth well over £1,000. Ideal starter kit for a new beekeeper.

2 x complete national hives comprising stand, OMF, brood box, Q/E, 11 framed castellated super, C/B and metal flat roof - £250 each ono, full of highly active bees and marked and clipped queens.
2 x stainless steel extractor, 1 new unused 6 frame radial, the other is 8 frame radial modified to take national frames, used once - £200 ono each.
A very old but fully serviceable large 8 gallon max. 3kw Burco wash-boiler that many beekeepers would give their eye teeth for to boil 20 or more old frames at a time or as modified to reclaim wax.
Also:
1 x spare BB 11 slot castellated inc. 11 drawn frames,
2 x spare cedar supers 11 slot castellated inc. 11 drawn frames in each,
1 Swienty 11 frame super inc. 11 drawn frames,
1 almost new empty 11 slot castellated cedar super,
Pile of new unassembled Hoffman DN & SN frames,
National 5 frame nuc box containing 5 DN cleaned frames ready for foundation,
Spare old but serviceable OMF,
New unused QE & CB + several other pieces for covering open supers whilst taking frames for extraction, Several correx and metal varroa sheets for OMF slots. New unused castellations – 4prs x 10 slot and 2 prs x 11 slot, oxalic acid,
Foundation – 30 x deep and 40 x shallow sheets,
2 x white XL laundered overalls and smocks with hoods,
Multiple other bits and pieces. Rapid feeders, hive tool, crown of thorns in a case, marking paint, soy protein, newish smoker, Ascetic acid, 3 x 35 lb food grade honey buckets, 25 lb bucket with outlet tap for filling honey jars, box of unused 1lb honey jars and metal lids, S/S double honey strainer, etc, etc
Offers please by end of April 2022
Please PM

Thanks for the adjustment. Just hope I get some offers as I don't really need any more cash - just space for my other 'junk', like dozens of the original type Kilner jars and lids that one can still get spares for if you know where to look - Germany where else???? Any offer for some of them accepted too.:):)
How do I PM you? One of our beginners is interested in buying this.

click on his avatar then 'start conversation'
That is new to me even though I am in several conversation about my kit so thanks for that. One offer but not confirmed yet. Quite a lot more than I suggested but still below its true worth. best note that I am in Shropshire SY5, a long journey for some responders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back