• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Equipment For Sale Beekeeping supplies for sale Wimborne, Dorset

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpe32

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all,

Due to a change in circumstances and my bees not overwintering I am seeking up. I've only been a beekeeper for just under 3 years so all kit is still in good condition.

2 x national hives to include mesh floor, brood body, super and flat metal roof section complete with stands £120 each
Both purchased from thornes.

5 national supers £25 each

Medium all in one coverall with mesh face, brand new, never used £20

I'm based in wimborne, Dorset.

Thanks, Rich

That's sad ... even experienced beeks lose colonies over winter ... it happens - there are already a few on here reporting losses above average. Do you know why your bees died out ?

Are the losses the only reason you are giving up or have you lost the fire ? It's sometimes a tough hobby and years 2 and 3 are some of the hardest. If there are still a few embers glowing I'd encourage you to give it another go ... have a look at what went wrong and see if there's something that you could have done to prevent it ... there will be swarms about very soon so bees could be replaced. You have the kit and it seems a pity to give up and sell up, you are in a lovely area for keeping bees.

Latest posts

Back