• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Borage Honey wanted

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting update.

This is the link for Kings borage information, conveniently highlighted by them. Note the banner pointing to their commercial catalogue.

This is the company used by NFU farmer of the year 2009, who gave the address at the Worcestershire Beekeepers' AGM a few weeks ago. In view of the high price I think that you need to be happy that you are getting the best price and quality for your hard earned.

One of the fields where it was sown in the autumn still looked like rough ground last week.

From the brief info on the direct link, above, I surmise that you can be having lots of salad days sipping your summer drinks with borage flowers poking you in the eye . . . patio and decadence are two words that come to mind.

For the quantity, I hope you like your salad :biggrinjester: There is no doubting that the bees like the flowers.

Even more interestingly - The reason that the land last week had looked so rough, was that they have prepared it since then and are sowing the butterfly and bee mix, which contains borage, NOW. Only recently received the seed.

Thinking about it, despite what it said in that warning on the King's site, November to February is going to be a bit bleak to be sowing seed . . . Hmmmm. Everyone is praying for rain now.

Even more interestingly - The reason that the land last week had looked so rough, was that they have prepared it since then and are sowing the butterfly and bee mix, which contains borage, NOW. Only recently received the seed.

Thinking about it, despite what it said in that warning on the King's site, November to February is going to be a bit bleak to be sowing seed . . . Hmmmm. Everyone is praying for rain now.

Rain on its way....Sunday washout anyone?

Latest posts

Back