• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Lincolnshire honey for sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
£3.50/lb £3.25/lb £3.00/lb + delivery at cost. Will sell all or individual tubs.

Honey is set. I can liquefy in warming cabinet if required.
Sieved into tub through Thorne double stainless sieve from extractor but may have the odd wax flake.

Hives in garden in middle of large village. Field bean fields close by in June? but no OSR locally. Honey analysed by National Honey Monitoring Scheme showed pollen in July 2021 sample to be clover and borage (no idea where they found the borage).

Selling in bulk because I have no significant retail outlets.

. . . . Ben

DSCF20220117-03-small.jpg

Last edited:
Price reduction to £3.25/lb

Total weight = 166lb

Tubs have weights/dates of extract of;
30lb 12/07/2022
30lb 25/07/2022
21lb 12/07/2022 and 6/08/2022
23lb 06/08/2022
33lb 16/06/2022 and 28/06/2022
29lb 23/08/2022

Delivery cost? (by me in my vehicle)
Lincoln +£9
Peterborough +£18
Nottingham + £21
Leeds + £40
Cambridge/Norwich + £35
Brighton + £100

Mate, surely if you jar it and take it to a shop ...... anywhere...they will take it!

Local farm shop has a honey supplier which can do all different types + flavoured + comb, worked on the labelling. And can offer supply long term. They've been "let down" by local beek who couldn't meet the amount they sell. And I've no interest in expanding. Quite the opposite.
Greengrocer. Took in sample. They already have supplier. Asked £4.50/lb. Not heard from them.
Selling very slowly in local deli. for £8/lb.
Don't want to sell from the door. It's a recipe for theft around here.

There is a lot of honey in the pipeline after a really good season last year in many places ... plus with the increased cost of living and distressed economy retail sales are generally seeing a bit of a downturn. The only good thing about honey is that it will keep ... unless you are absolutely desperate for the space and the cash input is there nowhere you can store it for the time being ?

I'm surprised that someone on here (there are a few who have bought in honey in the past) has not snapped it up at that price.

It's not a lack of space. My thought is that 2023 honey will be available to extract before we know it and my honey will be a year old.

Unless of course that meteorite hits or the next Krakatoa goes off and there is no summer. :rolleyes:

Won't the local bbka take it from you and sell it for you?
Do local associations do that? Advertising on Facebook on association page. I have sold a tub to a local beek earlier in the year. We sell honey from recently set-up club apiary to raise funds at a couple of local events.

Do local associations do that? Advertising on Facebook on association page. I have sold a tub to a local beek earlier in the year. We sell honey from recently set-up club apiary to raise funds at a couple of local events.
I think our local one sells at fairs etc. But I am not a member so I may be wrong.

I have glut of honey but won't give it away it will keep.
I still have some 100lbs from 21 left as well as the 500lbs from my six production hives from 22 yet untouched.
I asked for £4.20 lb bulk locally from a beek last year and got the price no problem as I and probably like others think the price is worth it for the quality of good unadulterated local honey.

I have a few regulars and a local outlet where some is sold but in general every one is feeling the pinch and for most of the population whilst they think they are getting genuine honey for £1 or so at supermarkets they will keep believing so.

Last edited:
It's not a lack of space. My thought is that 2023 honey will be available to extract before we know it and my honey will be a year old.

Unless of course that meteorite hits or the next Krakatoa goes off and there is no summer. :rolleyes:

You may end up kicking your self if for what ever reason a bad year occurs this or next year. I wouldn't be in a hurry to off load so cheaply or so soon.

Market forces go up and down , as a small producer one can set his own price so it matters no what someone else thinks. Tbh at £3 a lb I'm surprised you still have it and a local hasn't snapped it up.

Market forces go up and down , as a small producer one can set his own price so it matters no what someone else thinks. Tbh at £3 a lb I'm surprised you still have it and a local hasn't snapped it up.
This is Lincolnshire not Sussex. We still think Brexit was a good idea apparently.
BrexitPoll.jpg

Latest posts

Back