Bid-Four-Bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry Lukka, I mean bid four bees site, take that over

Ah, okay now I know what you mean. Well, as mentioned, I created a small Boot sale site, which I can easily adjust so also Beekeeping equipment can be sold. But looking at the forum site one, I suppose that can be used in future.

problem is you need people to use it and for that you need people to advertise, its a chicken and egg situation. as the people wont advertise if they cant get a good price for their stuff.

Well its both sides I would say, if the seller gets a good price than he will like it, but a buyer could decide one day that things are too expensive so won't return.

A lot of times the most famous auction site is far to expensive and people sometimes pay even more than in a shop. I hardly buy on there now, because of that and will never understand why people spend that sort of money. I love boot sales, but unfortunately never found any beekeeping stuff there.

My own site is more like a little playgound to practise and maybe one day, the site would be discovered. I did not create my site soley for beekeeping (worked years on it before I even started beekeeping), but just thought that since people kept asking what happened to the other site, that site could be used in the meantime if needed. That was of course before I knew about the forum site !

There's nothing in the top right

the bid-four-bees site closed because no one was paying there bills then going back on as different people I know the bloke who runs it shaun evans from a place in pool quay in shropshire nice bloke been keeping bees since about 10 (now 50-60) there was a lot owing because of the set up costs then expanded because no one payed so he just shut it up even phone one bloke after his bill about 2-3 quid and got told to f off

the bid-four-bees site closed because no one was paying there bills then going back on as different people I know the bloke who runs it shaun evans from a place in pool quay in shropshire nice bloke been keeping bees since about 10 (now 50-60) there was a lot owing because of the set up costs then expanded because no one payed so he just shut it up even phone one bloke after his bill about 2-3 quid and got told to f off

thats really terrible.

thats really terrible.

It is when you consider that it must have been beekeepers he was chasing for money .... I thought we were generally an honest and straightforward lot of people (certainly my experience) - poor bloke must be very jaded with an experience like that.

That is what happened here the first two years,many Nuc and equipment sellers said they had no funds but would pay for an advert after the items were sold.

A few even registered the second year and did the same trick,hence now you pay to place an ad,although I still fall for it and allow a few as I feel sorry for them.

Yes in the past I have seen adds with bees for sale and the promise of x amount donated to the forum after the sale only see the same person some months later posting away after the sale of bees with no I Support The Beekeeping Forum after their name.

Not sure his accounts were that good as he phoned us a few times for payments which he had already received. Nice bloke though , we never had a cross word and miss the site.
S

Last edited:
There really is no reason not to be paid on a site like that, it was structured incorrectly.

Payments for the goods should go through the middleman where he takes his fee.

so if you can't pay you can't play..... Simples !

so if you can't pay you can't play..... Simples !

when i said similar to a forum member on here ,who was moaning about having to pay upfront for this forum Auction site, I got abused for being a Keyboard Policeman from other forum members

There are always those who want everything for nothing, I know when i bought a few queens( turned out to be really Nasty Qs) through bid four bees that the seller did not pay his fees and B4B phoned me to confirm if the sale was done, the seller had said I did not pay him so he did not need to pay B4B

he should have set it up differentley and had the money go through middle men but look at flea pit the same can happen on there where people pay cash when they pick up and then scarper there was one on there from yorkshire who got banned several times just came back on different computer and location kept selling and either not deliver or failed to pay but because of those the majority have lost it but also the way it was set up was that any profit was going back into bee research so on here you now pay what 15 pound an ad for bees flea pit 10% on there I think it was 5%

Latest posts

Back