best way to clean extractor ......?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put mine in the shower - rinse with cold water then blast it with hot water - lift into the bath to dry! :)

Just dont tell environmental health you do that

The death penalty still applies in my world!
Especially for the heinous crime you've just described !
VM

That document has several other daft ideas - including open feeding.
It says on the page with number 25

And I think that is hard to believe - and very poor advice.
I hope you will agree with me.
Especially since Australia has an AFB problem (though no varroa), it seems crazy that a document intended to educate Aussie beekeepers should offer such advice.

If Australians do so, they will not need our agreements.

Just dont tell environmental health you do that

Which part of environmental health are going to take offence? I scrape the inside to make sure I get as much honey out as possible, and that means all the cappings are out too before it goes in teh shower - and if the objection is to it being in a bathroom - it is washed out and dried again in kitchen before I use it again.

Filled mine to the brim with cold water then turned it on, drained the water off then filled again adding disinfectant and washing up liquid, spun again then fully rinsed out.

Having done this I dried it out and placed it in a purpose made wooden box to protect from damage.

The extractor is a nine frame electric.

I put it all on the patio next to the drain and use the garden hose at high pressure on everything. No hot water - and definitely no chemicals! Then I move it all to a dry place and let it air-dry - no need for cloths. I then hose down the patio area and ensure every miniscule bit of wax, etc, has gone down the drain. This is food I'm dealing with, and I don't want the slightest chance of chemical contaminants.

Latest posts

Back