beetroot and honey butty

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Duff

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
none
boil up some fresh beetroot, place on buttered bread, drizzle with honey and eat.

sounds terrible (I do not like honey) the taste is awesome.

Up next is honey and beetroot ice-cream.

I cook my beetroot in the oven, wrapped in foil. It really retains the lovely sweet flavour. Don't peel it until its cold though.

boil up some fresh beetroot, place on buttered bread, drizzle with honey and eat.

i like cheese and strawberry jam :eek: will have to try the honey and beetroot when i get some fresh :hurray:

i like cheese and strawberry jam :eek: will have to try the honey and beetroot when i get some fresh :hurray:
Agreed, cheese & jam -yummy

Other odd sounding but good combinations for sarnies

Sausage and orange marmalade
Fish fingers and lime marmalade

here's another one for you, fresh english strawberries with black pepper. Honest, it makes the strawberries taste even more 'strawberryish' (is that a word?)

here's another one for you, fresh english strawberries with black pepper. Honest, it makes the strawberries taste even more 'strawberryish' (is that a word?)

:iagree:

My weird food like is bacon and banana in a toasted sandwich. I can't have one until I lose some weight.

I cook my beetroot in the oven, wrapped in foil. It really retains the lovely sweet flavour. Don't peel it until its cold though.

Lois What size beets what temp and how long please?

H

Sorry fella but you aint wired up right :willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

Sorry fella but you aint wired up right :willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

I tend to agree.............

But I have had various concoctions in the past that tasted good despite the fact that they initially "sounded" bl**dy awful....

It might taste good but how on earth would you ever find out?!?!?!

Lois What size beets what temp and how long please?

H
Medium sized, about tennis ball, and for about 1/2 hour ish about 170c I would normally do it when I've got other things in the oven to save space etc. so it's not an exact science!:)

Medium sized, about tennis ball, and for about 1/2 hour ish about 170c I would normally do it when I've got other things in the oven to save space etc. so it's not an exact science!:)

Thanks lois

Latest posts

Back