Beetradex -anyone going?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really enjoyed the day - free parking! Loads of stuff to look at, handle, discuss. They've stolen a march on the BBKA - there was a LOT of money spent today - this could become THE SHOW to go to. I was disappointed with the lack of signage as we approached Stoneleigh - the first direction sign was inside the Stoneleigh complex! But that's a minor matter, easily outweighed by the show.

it didn't help that my tomtom's battey went dead, ended up at stonely abbey at the other side of stoneligh park

Traders seemed happy,sortedout a few of the beginners bouught basic 14x12 hives at £103

Last edited:
Not bad day, got up there for the afternoon as I was busy in the morning. Spoke to chap at Swienty and got decent bulk deal on new variant of their poly brood boxes. Sorted out BFA membership stuff and saw some friends. Better setup parking etc wise than Harper Adams, not sure if I will bother going to the BBKA one. Forgot to note model number for my Thomas extractor to get a new switch but not urgent.

It was a good event, pitched just right really.

Just logged all the days purchases through the accounts and realised I ended up buying 24 hive tools, and got a free one from Mann Lake. Actually only 14 of them are for me. I really need to invest in a metal detector to save a bit of money.

Glad everyone else seems to have enjoyed the event. I had a great day, did a lot of browsing. Only bought some wax as I don't need any other new kit.
Harper A is too far for me so I was glad to see this event start up. Hope it runs next year.
If you go and like Nurseries, Avondale at Bagington (10 mins from Stoneleigh) is brilliant. Popped there in the afternoon and spent much more than at the show. (Sells hardy perennials.)
Cazza

My first beekeeping exhibition. Well organised, free and easy parking and some good prices. Bought a little - don't need a lot. At £4 online - £5 on the day- an acceptable entry fee. I refuse to pay £15 plus of other events.

Enjoyed it. Nice driving weather as well.

Been a while since I posted here….

Had a wonderful time at Beetradex, very relaxed atmosphere for a change and the traders and visitors all seemed to be much happier too. Sadly missed the BFA AGM due to needing to speak to so many ppl but other than that is was great.

Thought I would share this gem, one idiot got away with ripping off the wax exchange guys - anyone who thinks they know who it is please shout up.

taa

Jez

I have to say that is disgusting, they deserve to get caught.

I understand it will always be on the first Saturday in March.

Not the same building I understand, but into a single somewhat larger hall

Same day as our county convention - why does this always happen? I wish local branches and county and BBKA would talk to each other. Scottish convention clashes with BIBBA, etc

Anyone else going this year?

Hopefully my season aim of having good bees in productive apiaries with competent management won't be diverted by the allure of shiny new equipment.

Yes: enjoyed last year.

Trying to be frugal this year so I will not go. I also enjoyed it last year.
Cazza

Yes, then next door to bee farmers AGM, then back again for another look around.

Nearer the time Emyr will arrange a meet up at the convention. I will be there Friday lunch through till Saturday late afternoon, got a few things booked but should be able to sort something.............at least a beer Friday night.

Yes, then next door to bee farmers AGM, then back again for another look around.

Nearer the time Emyr will arrange a meet up at the convention. I will be there Friday lunch through till Saturday late afternoon, got a few things booked but should be able to sort something.............at least a beer Friday night.

There may be a few of us around interested in that!

Latest posts

Back