Beetradex -anyone going?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cazza

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
5 ish
I can't decide whether to go or not.
Anyone else planning to attend?

Thought I might combine it with a trip to the superb Avondale Nursery in Bagington which I usually visit once a year.

Cazza

We are taking our beginners but not booked yet as my virus/security program doesn't like the security on the Beetradex payment page which it tells me it appears as http rather than full https

I'm not totally convinced by 'trade shows' these days. There's so much information on-line, and mail order is so simple that the value of trade shows isn't as a high as it use to be. I'd rather spend my time attending events that are focused on the lectures with trade stands bolted on - I thinking the BBKA Spring Convention or the National Honey Show.

The opportunity is as much to see, handle and compare unfamiliar or novel bits of kit rather than just to scoop up special offers (for which, on commodity items, I'm happy enough to re-order online).
That said, I'm hoping that there's nothing so expensive and unfamiliar or novel that would be tempting me to go ...

So who else is going, got my £4 ticket (inc postage) through so will be wandering over on the Saturday morning for a look.

I should be there a.m. Will get my ticket on the door.
Cazza

Not sure how busy it will be. My ticket is No 670. its probably the only show I will go to this year. I will be easily spotted as will be collecting Jed D's 4 pallets of stuff for him ! :paparazzi:

Not sure how busy it will be. My ticket is No 670. its probably the only show I will go to this year. I will be easily spotted as will be collecting Jed D's 4 pallets of stuff for him ! :paparazzi:

Should be busy then. I would guess most won't be bothered to buy a ticket in advance for the sake of saving £1. I'll be there.

Brother Pete.... It's flat pack !!! so should be on the one pallet.
Of Course,
If you were to build up my , 20 B/B , 10 floors & 65 supers !!!!!!
It would take up a bit more space in your car ' but I'll collect them from you, once the paint is dry....not worthynot worthy:icon_204-2:

Brother Pete.... It's flat pack !!! so should be on the one pallet.
Of Course,
If you were to build up my , 20 B/B , 10 floors & 65 supers !!!!!!
It would take up a bit more space in your car ' but I'll collect them from you, once the paint is dry....not worthynot worthy:icon_204-2:

ok and I will knock up the 870 frames and stick them in the boxes for you :smilielol5:

I can't decide whether to go or not.
Anyone else planning to attend?

Thought I might combine it with a trip to the superb Avondale Nursery in Bagington which I usually visit once a year.

Cazza

Almost certainly yes..

Too far for me but take some pics of the place so we can see.

ok and I will knock up the 870 frames and stick them in the boxes for you :smilielol5:

Wow , that's fab.......
In which case, I'll send you some Bees , if you put them over the flower farm and check them once a week.... I'll collect my honey at the end of the year.
This Bee keeping lark is a lazy hobby.:sunning:

Wow , that's fab.......
In which case, I'll send you some Bees , if you put them over the flower farm and check them once a week.... I'll collect my honey at the end of the year.
This Bee keeping lark is a lazy hobby.:sunning:

Chapter 7 in Hoopers book he shows where the tap is at the back of the hive and demonstrates how to fill buckets from it. :serenade:

Busy weekend. AGM Saturday and skep making course Sunday.

Day off work today so I'm going to do a stock take and see if there's anything I actually need to purchase on the day. Apart from some wax, I can't imagine what but I'm sure I'll think of something.

Cazza

Bought my ticket , got approval to leave home, (expensive) and will be there...

I'll be there! I'm hoping to buy a suit - do the traders allow you to try them on for size?

I'll be there! I'm hoping to buy a suit - do the traders allow you to try them on for size?
There are usually a few available for sizing, or there have been at other shows. Not all colours in all types in all sizes but enough. It's not as if you need a fitting room to try it on over your shirt, but you may have an audience. There are usually a few with extra discounts, seconds, returns, ex display with a mark or two, unpopular colours or such like which could be handy if they happen to fit.

Back