Beekeeping Remotely??

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiptap

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all, I am unfortunately quarantined over 100 miles away from my bees and will not be able to access the hive again until June!
My brother is able to carry out tasks as I need him too and is sending pictures so that I can decide what he needs to do but as you can imagine, I'm worried about missing something or making a silly mistake.
This is only my second summer beekeeping and so any advice about what I am likely to miss and how to avoid common mistakes would be gratefully received!

My brother is confident manipulating frames and opening the hive however he does not have much beekeeping knowledge so I cannot just leave him to it.

I'd recommend giving them plenty of space from early on. Maybe consider a split once there are drones about, if you've got the kit and aren't too worried about honey production - that should help with swarm control.

Roughly where are your bees? Someone on the group may be nearby and prepared to help out.

As a beekeeper you can travel to “attend livestock” there is no restrictions. If you are unable to leave your house for you own reason that’s fine but you are allowed to attend your hives. 2m rule still applies tho. This is applicable all over the uk.

Latest posts

Back