Beekeeping in Lithuania

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
My wife just sent me this video of a trip to a apairy today on her cruise with the mother -inlaw .Very calm bees and amazed the beekeeper has only a smoker to protect herself ,I'm glad that they provided veils for the visitors. If she came to my apairy it would be a blitzkrieg.
John.

Attachments

• 1000020034.mp4
    48.9 MB
My wife just sent me this video of a trip to a apairy today on her cruise with the mother -inlaw .Very calm bees and amazed the beekeeper has only a smoker to protect herself ,I'm glad that they provided veils for the visitors. If she came to my apairy it would be a blitzkrieg.
John.
My goodness, those are very calm bees ... I thought mine were well behaved but by comparison to those mine are rampant !

My goodness, those are very calm bees ... I thought mine were well behaved but by comparison to those mine are rampant !

I have one colony pretty much like that. I suspect it may have been a swarm lost by our local ex bee inspector, or perhaps a virgin from elsewhere mated with one of her drones. Apparently she's trying to flood the area with drones from very laid back colonies.

James

Latest posts

Back