Beekeeping in Jersey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surreybeekeeper

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Hi all,

I may be fortunate in having a trip to Jersey soon with work. Wanted to see what beekeepers there are there but can't seem to find any link to any association there.

Does anyone know of an association or any beekeepers over there? All i get are links to New Jersey and not really interested in that lot over the pond!

Hope all well.

James

Go and see this guy (Don Anfrey). If you look carefully at his van, you'll see it says Beekeeper - although it has been blurred out slightly. I think he was president or Chairman of the Jersey Beekeepers but I'm uncertain.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=jer...HjaoBYIHDOaf4zzRf2UmsQ&cbp=12,180.91,,0,13.16

You can see his WBC's in the garden if you look the other side of the house.

You're an enterprising guy, I'm sure you could get his contact details, as he supplies several shops. I don't have them any longer. Alternatively go and turn up at his door perhaps. Searching for Don Anfrey Jersey Beekeeper (or combinations thereof) shows a number of places he supplies to, and then in turn might be able to give you a phone number.

Adam

Adam

Last edited:
Just thought, you can always ask the Bee Insepectors. When they had a large foulbrood outbreak recently, I think (but am unsure) they (the Jersey Government commissioned our Bee Inspectors to come over and deal with the outbreak. They might be able to forward a request to someone, or may know who the right contact is.

Thanks,

Adam

The SW Bee Inspector is: adam(dot)vevers(at)fera.gsi.gov.uk

Adam covers Devon, Cornwall and the Scillies so was probably involved in any work in the CI as well.

Ahh, here's Don's telephone number.

http://www.jerseylavender.co.uk/25/339/product/Don-Anfray-s-Jersey-Honey-Soap-80g/

Honey-Soap.6641.jpg

Ahh, here's Don's telephone number.
If you do visit, he's round the corner from La Hougue Bie Museum - a neolithic passage grave you can explore for yourself.

If you do visit, he's round the corner from La Hougue Bie Museum - a neolithic passage grave you can explore for yourself.

Yep. I had nose inside.

Adam

take care though - i can just imagine the headline in the Jersey Evening Post:

"Surrey man arrested for exploring his passage in a local museum"

Very good.....better be a little careful there then!:)

take care though - i can just imagine the headline in the Jersey Evening Post:

"Surrey man arrested for exploring his passage in a local museum"

Thanks for your thoughts all, will see if I can say hello to anyone while I am over there.....

James

Jersey beekeepers

Jbka.org.je

Active association just about to start queen rearing programme.

Just the theory at the mo! Just experiencing our first cold weather this winter.

Latest posts

Back