Beekeepers suit poll

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a Oz Armour suit, no issue with sweating.... gloves are a problem. Marigolds are ok but even after one inspection my hands are wet and sweaty. My Dad always said I had hands like wet fish.

How many times a year do we get a thread about the best bee suit? The answers are always the same, BBWear or Sherriff, save when "ventilated" is added into the question, when it's Ozarmour or Old Castle Bee Farm.
Can people not see what's at the top left of the page, beneath the daisy. Perhaps it should be highlighted.
you missed out Sweinty Breezer....my choice every time now

I use a Oz Armour suit, no issue with sweating.... gloves are a problem. Marigolds are ok but even after one inspection my hands are wet and sweaty. My Dad always said I had hands like wet fish.

I like my Oz Armour (three layer) suit too. On hot days I can sometimes still get a bit sweaty, but I'd probably do that without the suit too (possibly more so if I was opening up hives at the time :)

It was recommended to me by the son of a friend. He'd spent a (UK) winter out in New Zealand working in a commercial beekeeping operation and apparently used to work quite regularly with just a pair of shorts on under the suit because the weather was so warm.

No idea how it compares to other ventilated suits as it's my first. It does feel quite heavy when picked up, but I've never noticed the weight when wearing it. The one disadvantage, perhaps with all similar designs of ventilated suit, is that they don't really seem to lend themselves to "tailoring". I have to buy a fairly large size as I'm very broad across the shoulders -- I have a 50" chest which means the 3XL is just large enough to be comfortable, but my 36" waist and 5'10" height means there's a lot of material in the rest of the suit that I could happily live without. Sadly removing it doesn't look very easy to do compared with simpler designs of suit.

James

I like my Oz Armour (three layer) suit too. On hot days I can sometimes still get a bit sweaty, but I'd probably do that without the suit too (possibly more so if I was opening up hives at the time :)

It was recommended to me by the son of a friend. He'd spent a (UK) winter out in New Zealand working in a commercial beekeeping operation and apparently used to work quite regularly with just a pair of shorts on under the suit because the weather was so warm.

No idea how it compares to other ventilated suits as it's my first. It does feel quite heavy when picked up, but I've never noticed the weight when wearing it. The one disadvantage, perhaps with all similar designs of ventilated suit, is that they don't really seem to lend themselves to "tailoring". I have to buy a fairly large size as I'm very broad across the shoulders -- I have a 50" chest which means the 3XL is just large enough to be comfortable, but my 36" waist and 5'10" height means there's a lot of material in the rest of the suit that I could happily live without. Sadly removing it doesn't look very easy to do compared with simpler designs of suit.

James

James, My problem with Oz Armour is exactly the same. I'm I think 2XL due to being 6ft 3 but with a 32" waist and not much better off in the chest department, I'm dragging about 4 meter square of fabric around with me!

James, My problem with Oz Armour is exactly the same. I'm I think 2XL due to being 6ft 3 but with a 32" waist and not much better off in the chest department, I'm dragging about 4 meter square of fabric around with me!

That's exactly how it feels :D

James

you missed out Sweinty Breezer....my choice every time now
I suspect it may not have been around in May 2020. I'm interested in it because of the design of the hood, but have read complaints that the bees can sting through it if you've only got Speedos on underneath.

Back