Beekeepers holidays?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tend to go back to France in April and August or September. Rest of the season we go away in the camper for (some) weekends. We still get the odd exotic surfing holiday in the winter months.
Who looks after your bees?

Who looks after your bees?
Themselves, I usually leave them a run down of what is acceptable and what is not and they generally behave 😂

I go before the season really kicks off and once supers have come off for a maximum of 10 days. I rarely open the hives after the 3rd week of August other than for uniting. I feed (if needed) end of September and treat throughout September and October which gives me time to go away.

I still like the idea of holidays but I have been lucky to travel lots with my job and have now decided holidays are for autumn and winter only . Because of the bees and my garden.
Abroad or more local?

Unfortunately, I'm from the generation of no disposable income so holidays abroad are unlikely. I did teach English in Thailand though. I enjoy being at home with my hobbies and going for walks in the local area when I have time off work. I'm looking forward to retiring at 105.

Back