Bee suits ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surprised no one has mentioned Sherriff so far.

I have a couple and I reckon they're level pegging with BB wear.
Certainly these two seem to get equal support here.

I can't fault them, like the 'accessories' suck as pickets, clips and zip configuration. Sizing is generous with lots of options - and a good colour range.

So take a look.

Dusty

Errr, see post 9 and 3, they beat you to it!
Cazza

Because they are not a particularly cooler option I suppose, Dusty.

I tried on one of Maiseys jackets, it's based on/same as the Ultra Breeze suit from the States. Three layers of mesh material, the whole thing felt restrictive and to my surprise, quite hot.
Tbh, I'd be baking in any suit or configuration, I think some of us just get hotter than others.

I tried on one of Maiseys jackets, it's based on/same as the Ultra Breeze suit from the States. Three layers of mesh material, the whole thing felt restrictive and to my surprise, quite hot.

Not surprising, air trapped in small spaces warms up more quickly than a larger volume of air that can move around.

Wearing two layers of clothing on a hot sunny day is likely to mean you get hot, so there isn't going to be much difference between any of the suits except, perhaps, that the ones containing more cotton can be worn damp without losing any protection.

I had the fencing style hood ideal for climbing trees but I hated it for beekeeping, hot and claustrophobic so now I own a retro style suit made by BB wear It has 2 cords that I attached one of those toggles with a spring button to stop it blowing back in the wind, much cooler and no stings to the nose lol

Look for a suit with the helmet where there is a velcro strap between head piece and jacket where you can adjust just how far forward the helmet can tip. Otherwise fit a strap of velcro like we did. Also think about jacket + trousers instead of a combination set. When you are confident only wear the jacket.

Thank you everyone for all your advice and tips.
I really appreciate it.
Made my mind up to try BB suit. As for the suit I have, will use as spare.
Sharon

Hi all,
There is a good review about the Swienty breeze bee suit on Swienty's site. Scroll down to the bottom of their breeze suit page and they provide the link to it.
I found it quite helpful before buying my suit which im happy with..

Latest posts

Back