Bee Poo neighbours not happy

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyphibb

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Very quite on here these days, I called into our local garage to book a MOT and was asked by a neighbour WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT ALL THIS BEES WAX OVER MY HOUSE AND CARS!!!!!!!!!! I have also been told that someone else had been in touch with the environment agency who told him they can't do any thing as bees are in decline :ohthedrama: I have told my neighbour that i will reduce the number of hive next spring which I was planning on any way, Has any one else had grief off their neighbours ?? By the way I explained that wasps are a big problem this time of year.

A couple of jars of honey wouldn't go a mis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ... was asked by a neighbour WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT ALL THIS BEES WAX OVER MY HOUSE AND CARS!!!!!!!!!!..

Bees wax on a car? Surely it'll help make the car nice and shiny? Free of charge too!

If flying cows were shitting all over you and your property would you be happy to be just given a glass of milk.

No you are absolutely right a glass of milk would be considered an insult, that's why I don't keep flying cows or bees at my address.

How many colonies in your garden? I once had five and the garden is big, their flight path was mainly up the garden and over the house. Every car was covered but I never had a complaint. I just moved them.

maybe you could do something about birds as well.And what about the flies.

I work not far from the coast and my car gets covered in seagull poo and everyday I have to wash it. I have complained to myself and I'am still waiting a reasonable response. So far my options are;
don't go to work.....not a bad one that
don't drive a car......no local transport at 5:00
kill all the seagulls.....don't have a gun
Complain to the council .....all I get is wrong department
Tell the queen what her birds are doing....... plausible but not idealistic

Fortunately no neighbours but missus isnt happy about plastered cars, windows and the occasional batch of washing. 25 hives bottom of garden means a lot of flying cachi.
Anyone know if there is a magic formula for cleaning it off glass? Even a pressure washer doesnt seem to remove the shiny residue it often leaves.
So much for Pilkington self cleaning glass...

Anyone know if there is a magic formula for cleaning it off glass?

Neat bleach works okay.

Or to prevent it getting onto the windows you could hang your curtains on the outside, and keep them drawn during the day when the bees are active.:D

Neat bleach works okay.

Or to prevent it getting onto the windows you could hang your curtains on the outside, and keep them drawn during the day when the bees are active.:D

Or put some clean washing on the line, the bees go for that every time, Nice white sheets anyone.

on a lighter note, population of 25 hives over a flight path must equal a lot of poo poo

just hope weather dont keep them in for a few weeks or it wont be snow falling for Christmas !

I do hope it works out for you.
try " glass gleam 4 " use warm water and a proper window cleaning applicator and sleeve, or one of those car wash cloth mitts

Update on Mr AutoGlym my townie beehating neighbour...
Has uprooted the grass in his front garden and replaced it with artificial stuff
Now if cows could fly.....

Yeghes da

5 hives and 6 nucs, There does seem to be much more poo than other years tho,What do you think?

5 hives and 6 nucs, There does seem to be much more poo than other years tho,What do you think?

It has been more prevalent the end of this season - all cars up the road a fair distance from the apiary plastered - first time ever my next door neighbour has noticed it - it's even all over the bins by the back door!!

Due to the lack of rain maybe so its not getting washed off so people are noticing it?

Latest posts

Back