Bee poo on house windows and cars

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would make me so angry. I’d spend weeks trying to think of some retribution and drive myself mad before Stan knocked some sense into me
Knocking pigeons on the head is common practice, you won’t believe the mess they can make on farms/stable’s.

The pigeons were scared off first with loudspeakers playing screeches of a bird of prey before the trees were cut down.
The residents now enjoy the view of giant grey metal clad buildings at both locations so it's self retribution in a way.
Be careful what you wish for....

My car gets covered in bee poo but my neighbours a few meters away rarely gets a mark. Once damp it wipes off or a finger nail will remove it.

I tell my neighbours bee poo contains wax (true ish) so it protects their paintwork..:cool:

Talking of birds.......is anybody seeing Skeins of geese honking their way to other climes?
I haven't seen any. Previous years the autumn sky has been resplendent with a hundred or more birds at a time on occasion.
Are they all succumbing to bird flu? Is it too warm for them to be thinking of moving to winter pastures?

Talking of birds.......is anybody seeing Skeins of geese honking their way to other climes?
I haven't seen any. Previous years the autumn sky has been resplendent with a hundred or more birds at a time on occasion.
Are they all succumbing to bird flu? Is it too warm for them to be thinking of moving to winter pastures?

I saw some last week but it wasnt more than a couple of dozen.

I tell my neighbours bee poo contains wax (true ish) so it protects their paintwork..:cool:
Before I retired I worked at an aircraft engineering works, an adjoining large house was a beekeeper.
we had a new wet back paint spraying booth fitted after .one bright early spring afternoon the lads finishing shift found their cars on the car park to be covered in yellow blobs.
the trade Union work convener approach management thinking the cause to be the new paint booth.
management had scrapings taken and sent for analysis.
when the report came back ( I kid you not ) it read . Tha samples contained oily skins of pollen ,wax and propolis , in other words BEE ****., 😂😂😂

That has happened twice here
Once for starlings in a longcrow of trees twixt houses and industrial estate and again for pigeons between supermarket and homes.
Chainsaw massachre.
Trees were there for decades/centuries before the buildings in both cases
That's so sad and in some ways very lazy. There's surely other ways to deal with nuisance birds without hacking down rows of trees :(

That's so sad and in some ways very lazy. There's surely other ways to deal with nuisance birds without hacking down rows of trees :(
I have seen warnings on American websites that neighbours sometimes sue about bee poo on washing and cars, claiming it is acidic and damages paintwork. Then again, there was a story the other day about an American attempting to sue the guy who saved his life with CPR for broken ribs (which will fail, as that state has a Good Samaritan law covering that situation with immunity from being sued).

What I notice is this. We have a modest sized garden and the rotary washing line is about 4 metres in front of the hives. So bees fly right over it. I have very rarely noticed bee poo even on white sheets hung there. My paranoid neighbour claimd there is bee poo all over his car... Which unlike the washing is not near the main flight line (the bees aim for gaps between houses) and about 4x further away.

There are perhaps 2 factors of significance. One is that he washes his car once a week to a high polish, where I'm more a once or twice a year guy when it's functionally necessary! The other is that I almost never feed my bees and I've noticed non-feeders' bees and wild nests never seem to get dysentry. Americans of course, routinely feed every hive gallons of syrup.

! The other is that I almost never feed my bees and I've noticed non-feeders' bees and wild nests never seem to get dysentry. Americans of course, routinely feed every hive gallons of syrup.
I feed: never get dysentry. But then I don't get mould on feeders either.
I wonder why?:love:

I moved my bees further away from houses two seasons ago, about 100 mts from where they were originally as it was easier for me as they are closer to a lane. This however changed their main flight path! I only live in a very small village and the bees now cover cars with their 'poo', the one's who know what it is tell me they don't mind as they love my honey. They all say 'its washes off easily', I wish you luck with your solution.

Can I sue my neighbours then for all the cats sh*tting in my veg beds?? Have to keep them covered all year to stop it…..
Years ago we had a small front garden which was used by a neighbour's cat as a latrine. I found putting dried up thistles across the areas they favoured. It worked a treat and the neighbour, a harmless enough elderly soul had no idea what i was up to!!

Isn't it similar to blaming your neighbour beekeeper for getting stung. Proving it was his/her bees as opposed to a feral on is virtulally impossible. Similarly to prove it is your bees who pooed on a car/washing/window you they would have to show that there are no other colonies within reach of the house - particularly where there may be numerous feral ones. We have a similar problem with birds who sit in our trees waiting patiently for the feeders to be filled, then, as a token of thanks, crap on the paths and the cars. We find soap and hot water a simple solution for the cars.

Soap and hot water alone doesn't work for our windows and car; the stuff sticks quite hard and needs a lot of elbow grease to get it off, and even scraping which does the car paintwork no good at all. The widowcleaner does a second round to scrape the spots off.

It's also a case ( also with the rows of trees I mentioned) of who was there first.
That same supermarket had its trading hours cut after noise complaints from the residents immediately adjacent- even though the business was there years before the houses.
I once talked to a farmer who had complaints from nearby residents about his pig units
It all ended up in a village meeting .
You moved into new houses next to an old farm what did you expect?
Well we didn't know it would smell at the weekends as well.

Latest posts

Back