Bee Poo neighbours not happy

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the vicinity to other properties, Andy? 2011 was a great year and I had 5 colonies in the garden, 40 yards from the house. They splattered every car from our house, all the way up the street.
Watching the flight path was a great experience that year, though :)

I would be telling them to move there car's if they where not happy with natures deposits, my car is cacked on every day by some thing where i park it, shite happens as mentioned and i don't give a shite, the rain washes that and the mud off eventually, tell them to live with it or move back to the City they once came from.

The nearest is about 200 yards away but i walked down the hill to inspect other cars about 700 to 800 yards away gradually getting better, I will move some hives to an out site in the spring to keep the peace, Thanks all and all the best with overwintering.

Fortunately no neighbours but missus isnt happy about plastered cars, windows and the occasional batch of washing. 25 hives bottom of garden means a lot of flying cachi.
Anyone know if there is a magic formula for cleaning it off glass? Even a pressure washer doesnt seem to remove the shiny residue it often leaves.
So much for Pilkington self cleaning glass...

Add a small amount of vinegar to cold water and use a microfibre cloth.

I called into our local garage to book a MOT and was asked by a neighbour "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT ALL THIS BEES WAX OVER MY HOUSE AND CARS!" ... Has any one else had grief off their neighbours?

This video is in Dutch but the imagery speaks for itself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrH3-UcHVBo
And here is one newspaper report:
http://www.destentor.nl/regio/dalfs...oos-over-verplichte-volksverhuizing-1.6167731

The story is as follows: For rezoning reasons, a car sales business was forced by the city council to relocate to a neighbourhood where a local beekeeper and his family had been keeping bees for half a century. He had 30 hives in his backyard.The business complained about the bee poop but the beekeeper gave the classic excuses, e.g. "you can't prove that this poop is from my bees" etc. Locally, neighbours sided with the beekeeper, also because they did not want the car sales business located to their neighbourhood in the first place. The car sales business claimed that cleaning poop off its cars cost thousands of euros per month. So the business sued the beekeeper, in 2007. The final verdict was in 2016, and it was that the beekeeper should remove his hives.

This verdict was a great surprise to local beekeepers, who have always gotten away with the "you can't prove that it was my bees" excuse. There was an earlier court case by a greenhouse farmer who claimed that bee poop reduced sunlight in his greenhouses by several percentage points, but he lost that case.

Can we all try to keep these bee poo stories under wraps from the general public?
I'm quite happy at the moment with my neighbours not noticing or knowing that it's bees leaving the little dots on things.
If they do happen to notice, it will be wasps or maybe a strong southerly blowing Sahara Sand, locust poo or whatever.

I would be telling them to move there car's if they where not happy with natures deposits, my car is cacked on every day by some thing where i park it, shite happens as mentioned and i don't give a shite, the rain washes that and the mud off eventually, tell them to live with it or move back to the City they once came from.

I never cease to be amazed by those who feel that they have the right to inconvenience others in pursuit of their hobby. Still, time was when I made good money out of bad neighbours, so carry on, Millet.

The difficulty with this kind of approach is that it doesn't take much for a midnight prowler to turn up with a can of Raid.

Feral bees are natural. Beekeeping isn't.

Can we all try to keep these bee poo stories under wraps from the general public?
I'm quite happy at the moment with my neighbours not noticing or knowing that it's bees leaving the little dots on things.
If they do happen to notice, it will be wasps or maybe a strong southerly blowing Sahara Sand, locust poo or whatever.

Yes, quite agree. Keep this quiet.

I've suggested to the neighbours that it could be the bees but they know better and have told me it couldn't possibly be - so now I join them standing around looking up at the sky and wondering what it is that's raining down.

I never cease to be amazed by those who feel that they have the right to inconvenience others in pursuit of their hobby. Still, time was when I made good money out of bad neighbours, so carry on, Millet.

Classic!

Yeghes da

Latest posts

Back