Bee Part of it Project

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could I respectfully suggest that you log into the dark-side and view all the semi-political posts that have been made there. Some of the threads, I am led to believe, are less than complete, but not yet mere shadows of their former selves. That was one reason for a number of beekeepers' migration to this forum.

It doesn't necessarily do us any great favours having to spell it all out here, which could be seen to be raking over old coals and have us seen in a bad light for doing so. The BBKA battleground was on the BBKA forum, which like a lot of historical battlefields is probably far from being the complete and whole story.

You really do need to do a bit of reading to become fully acquainted with the history, if you are truly interested in knowing what went on before the void opened and the Beekeeping forum was created by Admin. :svengo:

DARK SIDE! VOID ! .Please!
The beekeeping forum is an open forum and attracts real beekeepers whose main interest is in keeping real bees ! as does the bbka forum . I and many others subscribe to both. Polarisation attempts by a couple of zealots should be discouraged . references to "the dark side" and other emotive claptrap help no one and give the impression that all beekeepers should be saved from themselves, being total idiots led by half a dozen "suits", and that a crusade must be launched immediately in order to re-educate us poor illiterates !.
The last requirement to find an answer to problems faced by all bees and bee keepers is a thundering great wedge ,driven in by some sledge hammer wielding evangelist !..
John Wilklinson

Ok thanks i will google it and have a look.

but on the membership. 15000 beekeepers are in the BBKA so how many Beeks are there not in it?

Maybe that is why the BBKA were so against the FERA board and its funding of a survey of beekeeper numbers.

come off it John! - if anyone's making wedges it's the chemical apologists of the BBKA who've driven an enormous wedge between beekeepers.
There are great chunks of postings "missing" from the BBKA forum because (as I was told) "you MUSTN'T ask that" (when I'd dared to ask entirely reasonable questions like "why on earth do you accept funding from pesticide companies")
I'm very clear and transparent on this, and in no way consider myself (or anyone else who will not be bullied by the present bunch of scoundrels in charge of the BBKA) as a "zealot", we're just people who have high principles, and stick by them.
We have two choices, "change it from within" - as many have found, that's impossible, the "democracy" is based on the Mugabe model, so all that's left to us is to inform "newbies" in no uncertain terms what has gone on before, and will continue until the present regime are removed from power, and a real democratic organisation allowed to replace the dictatorship which now prevails (or the whole thing just withers on the vine, as it appears to be doing at this very moment!)
Too many good, well-meaning people are being taken cruel advantage of by a bunch of (language Timothy) to keep quiet............

Last edited:
As expected a biased rant containing libellous statements, inappropriate comparisons , typical behaviour of megalomanic individuals.
No attempt at reasonable discourse .
Ah! Well nowt new there then !!!.

John Wilkinson

Never mind John, we know you can't help doing it, we'll make allowances for you!:cheers2:

Never mind John, we know you can't help doing it, we'll make allowances for you!:cheers2:
what ?exposing a patronising quality to your dark side :)! (heaven forbid humour lurking in there some where :ack2:)

John wilkinson

Would that be the Royal We ?

WOW
I had nodded off for a couple of days, and what a rivetting read, well done guys, wightbees - you know how to press the right buttons :)

Perhaps i should have kept my BBKA opinion to my self, i am sure the BBC/NT/Innocent will retain control over the project, to clarify i think the BBKA have only been asked for advice.

............... Is it bloody Spring Yet !!!!!! .......

Hi Grizzly.
I was just curious and it looks like i stirred up the whole forum lol.

umm the link don't seem to work
and i can't find a dark side forum on google

Anyway this is Grizzly's thread and it's sort of gone in the wrong direction. lol

Anyway this is Grizzly's thread and it's sort of gone in the wrong direction. lol

No Biggy - it happens on here, the Beekeeping Forum is like a box of chocolates, or so the saying goes. !!

Its part of the appeal.

Wow I'm impressed the National trust want to pitch in and help yet the Wildlife Trust shun bee keepers from keeping a hive on their land. They only care for their so-called native insects and feel one hive would have a major damaging impact on the native insect populations and food reserves.

So I asked their thoughts on feral colonies on their land and was told feral colonies are different, they have little to no impact !! :willy_nilly:

I'm left wondering if this person is on the BBKA board...

Could you explain which Wildlife Trust will not have be hives on their land? Bees are native to this country or I need to go back to Uni ?
I work for a Wildlife Trust and have permission to keep as many as I like on their land.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back