bee books

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just borrow all of the above books and more from the library. You will will very quickly 'outgrow' the beginners books . However, it is useful to have one to hand for reference and I agree with Spikedog that 'The Beekeeper's Field Guide' by David Cramp would be worth buying. It is small enough to bring with you to your future out apiary (as the name suggests) and is a useful resource for your first few years.

Depends what level you're at. The 'Beekeeping Study Notes', by JD & BD Yates are usefull. I'm studying towards the microscopy exam at the moment and have the Yates book and the Practical Microscopy for Beekeepers, by Bob Maurer.

Hi all you experienced bee keepers, can any1 tell me the name of a decent book of bee keeping plz, as a newbee I want to learn asmuch about bees as possible, so wld be very grateful for any advise, thankyou.

I have to say that the use of "any1", "plz" and "wld" suggests to me that you probably wouldn't enjoy the style of old bee books - notably Hooper.

See if your local library can get you the Haynes manual to read, and if you think it something you would re-read or refer to, then think of buying your own copy.

Just picked up a copy of 'green guides ' "keeping bees" by Pam Gregory and Claire Waring, both excellent Beekeepers .
Well written and illustrated .
Only £3.99, now that's got to be a bargain!
VM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This book will tell you nothing about beekeeping but will make it more enjoyable
and facinating and get you over the "What the hell are they doing now" moments.

Honeybee democracy by Tom Seeley

My suggestions are

Ted Hooper

the Haynes manual

plus any thing written by ROB Manley

I'm the proud owner of a 1st edition book by Ted Hooper that is signed.

I'm a proud owner of no beekeeping book, sold the lot on ebay, The only books I did enjoy reading was Brother Adam's books. besides they were cluttering up my fly fishing and fly tying library :biggrinjester:

Probably the best library is what you are looking at now

Back