Bako Fondant - what precisely to order?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbh4

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Can anyone give me a product code or precise description of Bako bakers' fondant please? The reason I ask is that I popped into our local bakers shop to ask them to order me some and they were not quite sure what I wanted. They use dozens of different kinds of fondant or icing. They do deal with Bako so I should be able to get some if I can specify exactly what I want.

Cheers,

Paul

Plain sugar fondant. Sucrose, glucose and water only. Can't be much simpler, therefore likely the cheapest!

RAB

I have revived this old thread to ask a question because I didn't think it warranted a new thread. I recently ordered some Bako fondant over Christmas, after too many beers. It looks like I have ordered the wrong type after reading this thread. It is the vanilla flavour.

Ingredients - Sugar, Glucose Syrup, Water, Palm Oil, Humectant: Glycerine, Emulsifier: Mono and Di-Glycerides of fatty acids, Stabiliser: Gum Tragacanth, Preservative: Potassium Sorbate;Natural Flavouring.

I'm wondering if this is still OK to feed to the bees.

That'll teach me for ordering items while tipsy.

I have revived this old thread to ask a question because I didn't think it warranted a new thread. I recently ordered some Bako fondant over Christmas, after too many beers. It looks like I have ordered the wrong type after reading this thread. It is the vanilla flavour.

Ingredients - Sugar, Glucose Syrup, Water, Palm Oil, Humectant: Glycerine, Emulsifier: Mono and Di-Glycerides of fatty acids, Stabiliser: Gum Tragacanth, Preservative: Potassium Sorbate;Natural Flavouring.

That'll teach me for ordering items while tipsy.

My experience on others using non plain fondant is the bees don't eat it.

It looks like I have ordered the wrong type after reading this thread. It is the vanilla flavour.

I wouldn't feed it to them.

I use Shepcote. Good firm to deal with. Reasonable prices and they deliver for free if you live in one of their delivery round areas. That said only really buy fondant for my Apideas to use during Q rearing season as my colonies were wintered on the much cheaper Morrison and Farm food sugar .

Latest posts

Back