Are Bee stings hurting more this year ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No more than usual - Remedy- vodka and orange with ice cube - the cube on the sting site.. I feel no pain:cheers2:

Not been stung (yet) this year but found they hurt less last year
S

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Same as usual, depending on the site. A sting on the forearm a few weeks back and my one arm looked like Popeye's for about a week.

I've had less this year than normal - probably because everything is so late... but if anything, less reaction than previous years. They usually start "bad" and get "less bad" as the year progresses

Jc

Felt like crap yesterday after the sting, but all seem well again this morning.
Never experienced itchy hands before, sting site is a bit sore but ok.
So, panic over.

Felt like crap yesterday after the sting, but all seem well again this morning.
Never experienced itchy hands before, sting site is a bit sore but ok.
So, panic over.

One time, from a sting on the forehead, I had itchy feet, lol.

Suzi Q- be careful - for another part of the body to react to a sting isn't good. Shows there is a reaction going on. Keep phone with you every hive opening.
May just have been coincidence but I would be 'thoughtful', not flippant.

Had my first sting ever last week, on the tip of my finger. One of Beauhawk's feral swarm brutes I have to say, not one of my own sweet and gentle creatures. Hurt quite a lot but after a dab of hydrocortisone cream it was like I'd never been stung. Incidentally, if you look closely at Beauhawk's bees they appear to be wearing wife-beater vests, and have tiny tattoos. Probably Northerners down here for the fine weather ;-)

I think they were reacting to your aftershave and your brave new gloveless façade...

:thanks: for helping out Terry.

I find stings always vary, I can get stung on the arm and think that was a bit pathetic just a sharp jab and that's about it (stinger firmly in not just a squirt) and then 10sec later another may get me and it feels like a red hot poker being pushed into your arm. I guess it might have something to do with age of bee? and exact location where it gets you, blood vessel, muscle or fat!?!?

I used to react like Elephant man when I first started, but now generally stinging nettles bother me for longer than bee stings. Although I must say I got stung between the toes last night, and that hurt like fury. (took my boots and suit off and a sleepy bee must have dropped into my boot without me noticing, she let me know when I put my foot back in the boot.

C B

Latest posts

Back