apologies for the source!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apology accepted... covered in hives.. no wonder she couldn't breathe.

What an understanding wife though. My husband gets knocky when he is chased by bees, but his medication does seem to p...s them off.

He's not got very big colonies if he has 40 hives and only 200,000 bees !! Should be more like 1 to 2 million !! That's a first for the Daily Mail ... an under exaggeration !!!

The article makes the husband look bad, but considering the source...

Anyways, even if the husband removed his hives, she is still allergic to stings and bees are everywhere. Smart move to get the therapy instead of trying to ban any and all bees around her :D

Another clue for some as to how to get rid? :sorry: :judge:

Has there been a poll on this forum as to how many beekeepers / beekeepers spouses are undergoing or have undergone treatment for sting allergy?

I know of one within our local association who is allergic to hornet stings...ie full blown anaphalactic shock 999 ambulance job and Epipen carrier ... now on a waiting list awaiting therapy

and another with very severe reaction to the giant Horsefly ... also awaiting therapy...

Is it the same anti venom regime?

"What an understanding wife though."

OH always has a laugh when she recounts her close shave last september and adds the little issue of half a million of the blighters in the garden.

"another with very severe reaction to the giant Horsefly"

aren't all reactions to Clegs very severe?

a horsefly bite on the knee immediately after 6 bee stings to the foot is not a pleasant experience!!!! (think elephantiasis)

a horsefly bite on the knee immediately after 6 bee stings to the foot is not a pleasant experience!!!! (think elephantiasis)

WARNING... do not go barefoot in the Apiary !:sorry:

I really have problems with clegs on one apiary due to Yummy Mummy horses & Ponies nearbye, I have no intial reaction until 24hrs after theymake the open wound then wham ,Elephantitus swelling. The healing process takes weeks often causing a hard wart like scar tissue the exact size of the original open wound that remains for months before fading

What's in their saliva to cause so much mast cell degranualation?

A local anaesthetic regurgitated at point of the bite to enable the cleg to get an undisturbed gut full of blood ,unfortunately this also contains bacteria ,bingo there goes your immune system into overdrive:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back