Apimondia 2013

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

local_beekeeper

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
National 50, Langstroth 10
Has anyone just got back from Apimondia 2013:)?

Yes it was the third year in a row i believe, well done Cyprus not worthy

Do we vote for our friends like eurovision

Did we get nil points?

Good question, but I doubt that it will ever win any competitions. Studies of Scottish heather honey and certain types of honey from Greece and Cyprus have indicated that they are BETTER than manuka in treating difficult infections.

Good question, but I doubt that it will ever win any competitions. Studies of Scottish heather honey and certain types of honey from Greece and Cyprus have indicated that they are BETTER than manuka in treating difficult infections.

:iagree:
The difference is they're also edible!
I didn't realise the portobello honey was heather though seeing it's position so near the sea. There is also the honey from Tywyn in West Wales which scored high on the anti-microbial tests (again a coastal location - wonder whether that's a factor?)

Good question, but I doubt that it will ever win any competitions.

Yep. Before the New Zealand scientists to rise it to the top of the luxury honeys, the manuka was nothing more of just a second class junk honey. The leatherwood from Tasmania is much much better.

Latest posts

Back