Any fellow Audaxers out there?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
If any sort of cycling goes with beekeeping, it’s definitely Audax. Nothing my cycling buddies like better than being stuck with me for a few hundred km’s with nowhere to escape from my tales of beekeeping 😀

Used to do quite a few but only been doing a couple a year for the last few years, and got a shock yesterday when I found i'm entered into next Saturday's 212km 'Rutland and Back'. Entries have been carried over from last years cancelled event, which I'd completely forgotten about.

Used to do quite a few but only been doing a couple a year for the last few years, and got a shock yesterday when I found i'm entered into next Saturday's 212km 'Rutland and Back'. Entries have been carried over from last years cancelled event, which I'd completely forgotten about.
Are you going to do it? I‘ve been sticking to ones that start relatively close to home this year so Kingston Wheelers events, Ruislip or Chalfont St Peter. Ramping up to LEL in August.

Planning to, I use them as a way to see different parts of the country, and I'll see a LOT of countryside at the speed i'm currently riding. Done LEL before? I did 2009 and 2013, and volunteered at Brampton in 2017.

Planning to, I use them as a way to see different parts of the country, and I'll see a LOT of countryside at the speed i'm currently riding. Done LEL before? I did 2009 and 2013, and volunteered at Brampton in 2017.
First time for LEL myself although I did PBP in 2019. Any top tips? Not expecting the same warm welcome in every town and village that the French gave us 😬. I will get further afield next year especially to some of the Welsh ones although shed loads of steep climbing is not really my thing.

Latest posts

Back