A knowledgable lady....

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poggle

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
During coffee after church this morning, I was approached by one of the congregation who was amazed to have heard I was now a Bee Keeper. She politely explained to me how it was useless to have bees at this time of year as her late husband had also kept bees but did not get any honey for nearly three years and anyway, the bees kept dying during the winter.........."I think you could have spent your money on another hobby Reverand!" she said.................................:)

LOL.

You cannot beat words of wisdom from the wise. ;)

PH

During coffee after church this morning, I was approached by one of the congregation who was amazed to have heard I was now a Bee Keeper. She politely explained to me how it was useless to have bees at this time of year as her late husband had also kept bees but did not get any honey for nearly three years and anyway, the bees kept dying during the winter.........."I think you could have spent your money on another hobby Reverand!" she said.................................:)
Maybe her husband kept bumblebees , they have the habit (forgive the pun) of dying every winter. Save for the newly mated Queens of course . They hibernate in a place of their choice.
VM

Maybe he took their meagre stock of honey each year really and never left them any stores to survive!

did he he keep bees the old way using skeps? As they used to kill them off didn't they.

did he he keep bees the old way using skeps? As they used to kill them off didn't they.
no they didn't, the bees were shook into other skeps, only the brood was destroyed

LOL never mind. Like she knows what she's talking about.

i wonder how many beekeeping wives (husbands) would find it easy to relate to her comment?!

I have no idea as to why her husbands bees kept dying or why he didn't get any honey. The lady didn't go into that side of it. I will ask her next Sunday if she comes to the coffee morning:)

My wife thinks its a waste of time because we havent had any honey yet and more drama than eastenders !!

I have no idea as to why her husbands bees kept dying or why he didn't get any honey. The lady didn't go into that side of it. I will ask her next Sunday if she comes to the coffee morning:)

You can ask....well it's only polite really, but don't take any notice of the answer, he will have told her half a story which will then have been embellished, so let it go in one ear and out the other and put in the odd "oh dear" and determine to do better :)

Frisbee

so let it go in one ear and out the other and put in the odd "oh dear" :)

Frisbee

At great risk of someone flaming me:).........I have to do this several times a week Frisbee:) The amount of "Stretched Truth" and "True Lies" I get told is quite amazing:). I will explain this if I really have to.....................;)

At great risk of someone flaming me:).........I have to do this several times a week Frisbee:) The amount of "Stretched Truth" and "True Lies" I get told is quite amazing:). I will explain this if I really have to.....................;)

No need....there are a lot of men on this forum :rolleyes:

Frisbee

Latest posts

Back