Teesside Newbie

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andywakeman

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all

I say Teesside (which I suppose is correct), but consider myself more in North Yorkshire. My name's Andy, and having been interested in bees for years, sadly thwarted by other hobbies (re-enactment) and partners fears, I finally got to join Cleveland Beekeepers Association's course which started in March, completing in May, and being mentored by the Chairman, John Canning.

So far, I've not got bees, struggling with locating a site for an apiary, but then contacting my friend's daughter (who told me last November to get on the course as it's always over subscribed) to thank her, she replied that she might have a solution to my problem. Basically, her husband is the main keeper, and his shifts have made it difficult to tend to their bees, so consequently, I take over their 2 hives of Black Bees on 1st July.

My main interest, apart from care of the bees, is to hopefully get enough honey to make mead with, along with some cut combs for family and jars of honey for friends and family.

Looking forward to many years of beekeeping.

Andy

Latest posts

Back