200 Jobs gone to India

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well we just bought our 2nd Dyson for the business and believe me they are both excellent bits of kit. Great design and very powerful and efficient.

On our local news last night was word that 12 companies locally have brought their operations back from abroad as people are wanting their products but only if made in the UK so the balance is shifting again.

PH

The washing machines were overhyped/overpriced and unreliable.

Same with telephone help lines.

How do you get across to an untrained someone, somewhere in Pakistan or India that you cannot ring a number to get help for broadband connection when the phone line is also out of action? (AOL for both phone and ISP). Unless it fits their script they are often as useful as a chocolate teapot. Cheaper, but quite often useless.

Ask a difficult question to the staff in BT call centre in India and they leave you hanging on until you get fed up and go away .Happened to me three 3 times ( and I spoke to a so called Manager and the same happened)

Ask a difficult question to the staff in BT call centre in India and they leave you hanging on until you get fed up and go away .Happened to me three 3 times ( and I spoke to a so called Manager and the same happened)
Used to get that from France Telecom, but it seems to be outsourced now (still in France) and since then, they are a bit more reasonable.
As their contract renewal depends on good feedback...

Anyone with AOL has no sympathy from me. Only way to be rid of them is to reformat that's how serious they are.

PH

I mentioned on here before about Doc Marten shoes. They were staunchly 'Made in England' then sold out to China! The shoes are the same price to buy, why's that? Oh yeah, I remember now, profit before anything else. Unfortunately, I still haven't found a more comfortable, long wearing shoe to replace it.

What about adding a made in GB union jack sticker to our honey jars, an see if sales go up compared to jars without.

It's good to know that some manufacturing is returning to GB and to my disbelief my Dyson is 15 years old and still going strong, probably it was made in the UK before they shipped out production elsewhere

Anyone with AOL has no sympathy from me.

But sometimes it is better to agree with SHMBO. Sometimes? Quite often!!

AOL would likely have gone a very long time ago, had she not insisted it was 'user friendly'. 'No win' situation for me!

Latest posts

Back