Utah highway shut after 20m bees escape from lorry

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the sheer scale of the operation that shocks me. On the assumption that all the trucks carried about the same number of hives, that would be 73,000+ hives.

James

It's the sheer scale of the operation that shocks me. On the assumption that all the trucks carried about the same number of hives, that would be 73,000+ hives.

James

they've obviously rebuilt to pre ccd numbers -I know that a few years ago they were toted as the largest operation in the world with 80000+ colonies.

I may be wrong but I think tiredness has a lot to do with it ?
I wonder if US truckers have the same hours restictions as the UK and is it monitored as keenly ?
VM

I may be wrong but I think tiredness has a lot to do with it ?
I wonder if US truckers have the same hours restictions as the UK and is it monitored as keenly ?
VM

Yes they are very tightly regulated and checked often and the penalties are severe. My ex is a US truck driver. I often had to listen to him going on about this subject lol

anyone think it might have something to do with being locked in a confined space with your wife for 36 hours. i can see two ways it could have gone and neither makes for good concentration.

Yes they are very tightly regulated and checked often and the penalties are severe. My ex is a US truck driver. I often had to listen to him going on about this subject lol

Cupid as a lot to answer for:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back