Years service

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how about show their BBKA Certificate ?

Basic Assessment in Beekeeping
Intermediate and Advanced Theory Certificates
General Certificate in Beekeeping Husbandry
Advanced Certificate in Beekeeping Husbandry
Senior Beekeeper Certificate
Master Beekeeper Certificate

see here

http://www.-------------/files/library/summary_prospectus_2013_1366832867.pdf

Gosh.. how clever... must take weeks of intensive study

SWMBO says that I should be certified for beankeeping... many should be.

Yeghes da

Why? what do they mean?

Why? what do they mean?

no idea, but BBKA think it's a good idea, maybe to raise cash!

Hi Admin, is it possible to have on peoples profile thingy how long people have been beekeeping rather than how many hives people have? I dont think how many people have really matters, but seeing how many years experience gives a new beek like myself more of an option of who to listen to for advice?

What's the point? You can write what you want in the boxes, it can be the truth or it can be fiction - same as a some of the things some people write in their forum posts.

If people are honest when they put the number in the box that's all it is, a number and is largely meaningless. It's what they've done during those "many years experience" that matters.

I personally know beekeepers who claim to have kept bees for 30 or 40 years but have only ever done what they first learned. They've never experimented, never tried new things, disbelieve new research and try to discredit 'new' beekeepers who are willing to try out innovative ways of beekeeping - such as using insulation or open mesh floors!

I know beekeepers with a similar number of years experience who know they are still learning, and who will enthusiastically try out new ideas and discuss those ideas with the newest members of the association as equals.

Which of these groups of beekeepers would you trust to give you the most honest opinion when you seek their advice?

Latest posts

Back