Would you buy this?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easy Beesy

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
WBC
Number of Hives
Just noticed this on £bay - not sure how to link on phone but this is the item number. 140868632232

I'm sure someone will be able to link it for me.

Eb

No, but good luck to them.

They come across as suspiciously keen to avoid the idea that the honey may contain sugar syrup.

Never seen this before about honey in the item description:

The easiest way to check whether honey is pure is to roll some on a cotton bud and light it. If you hear any sound (crackling, sizzling) or if it does not light, then that honey has had sugar added to it and is not pure. Most of the time it smells like cotton candy when you light it. Real honey just melts when set alight. Hope this helps some of you!

UGH! :puke:
:puke:
No Way, wouldn't touch it.
"Raw Honey"?? Raw sh!t if you ask me, plus other bits and pieces as well.
Possibly some oval shaped brown things, (varoa ??) in there too.

However, (at £11 per jar) perhaps Ive missed out on a "nice little erner"!:sifone:

For me that is taking "pure and untreated" a bit too far!

The honey has loads of sh*t and all sorts in it. (particularly the final photo)

However, (at £11 per jar) perhaps Ive missed out on a "nice little erner"!:sifone:

You missed out on something, it is £8.49 for 700g, less than many on here are selling their honey for, nothing wrong with it whatsoever as far as i can see,athough i would have my doubts about the organic bit, if its from the address in the description.

To call it organic seems a bit dubious to me. I wonder if they have been assessed by the soil association and how large the organic farm is.

I read the 700g as the weight of the glass jar and honey, i.e. postage weight, have I read wrong?

I read the 700g as the weight of the glass jar and honey, i.e. postage weight, have I read wrong?

Could be Nic, maybe i read it wrong, does not appear that way from just reading the title though, but as we know it is normally the weight of honey that is being sold,not the weight of glass as well.

I left a comment on a honey sellers page on A.mazon. They said their honey was organic, how can it bee? If bees forage up to 3 miles how can they say it's organic? They don't know they're 'organic bees', lol.

Simon I'm intrigued. Even if it's possible, surely it would fail any cost/benefit analysis?

You missed out on something, it is £8.49 for 700g, less than many on here are selling their honey for, nothing wrong with it whatsoever as far as i can see,athough i would have my doubts about the organic bit, if its from the address in the description.

I agree and apart from the "organic" bit it's very similar to how I describe mine, even though my colonies are all on organic land.

Chris

I bet that is 700g gross, not net, as those look to be no more than half kilo jars.

Back