Worst winter ever

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the pomposity of a certain few academics is creeping out from the cupboard under the satirs - it seems we mere mortals are not allowed to have an opinion any more unless we have a handful of letters after our names

It's OK Join the not worthy club ... I've lived with academics/scientists for so long that I'm used to put downs ... letters after your name do not always relate to ability to think and apply common sense.

Question 1:
What is the difference between god and an academic ?

Answer: God knows he is not an academic.
:icon_204-2:

An engineer asks how it works,an ecclesiatic asks why God created it and an academic asks ..................................

Do you want a meal deal and 'go large'​

haha

I love religion jokes especially round easter time. makes eating all those chocolate eggs even more enjoyable.

What are your qualification that allow you to make this statement about academic work?

Since when do we need a qualification to make a statement about something?

Since when do we need a qualification to make a statement about something?

So that you can interpret it properly which many people clearly cannot.
Any fool can buy a computer and write rubbish. In academic work you need to be more thorough rather than simply having an opinion.

well, if you peeked into the cupboard under the stairs you will see that these two clowns have sabotaged the Imidacloprid thread (with nothing of worth being discussed) to gang up on another in some kind of academic d!ck waving contest, unfortunately the target is a wee bit cleverer than they so maybe they've crept back here for security - after all, we here know they're the biggest d!cks :D

I think the pomposity of a certain few academics is creeping out from the cupboard under the stairs - it seems we mere mortals are not allowed to have an opinion any more unless we have a handful of letters after our names

A well reasoned argument again.

If those who are so critical of academia actually had the courage of their convictions they should really cease to use any benefits that were derived from research. Like computers, medicine etc.
If they have an opinion (of which anyone is entitled to) could they explain why they hold that opinion, rather than "It's wrong" followed by what I can only assume is a customary derisory insult.

If those who are so critical of academia actually had the courage of their convictions they should really cease to use any benefits that were derived from research. Like computers, medicine etc.
If they have an opinion (of which anyone is entitled to) could they explain why they hold that opinion, rather than "It's wrong" followed by what I can only assume is a customary derisory insult.

Therefore it must also be wrong for people to claim they are right just because they say they did the research?

My research involves what I see happening........but that doesnt mean to say that the same is applicable to other people's bees.

So that you can interpret it properly which many people clearly cannot.
Any fool can buy a computer and write rubbish. In academic work you need to be more thorough rather than simply having an opinion.
No...
Making a statement about something that somebody has said doesnt mean that you are saying that you know better, or that they are wrong...You are expressing your thoughts.

This then means your computer and neonicotinoids, medicines etc etc that are the products of research which people claimed was right are therefore wrong...... so they cannot possibly exist.

This then means your computer and neonicotinoids, medicines etc etc that are the products of research which people claimed was right are therefore wrong...... so they cannot possibly exist.

Therefore it must also be wrong for people to claim they are right just because they say they did the research?

I could write a book about beekeeping....... because I am an experienced beekeeper.
I could give talks to schools about beekeeping because I am an experienced beekeeper.
I could teach people to weld, or spray paint, or build a motorhome from the chassis up because I am experienced in all of those.

Because I am experienced and been doing some of the above for many years, doesnt mean that I do any of them properly though, or that you shouldnt or cant do this or that. Likewise it doesnt mean that whatever an academic says is the final word..therefore making previous reports look wrong. A fair percentage of it will probably be padding anyway.

Experts telling us "the proper way to cook a chicken is.."

No.. the way to cook a chicken is so that its like how I want it.

This has nothing to do with who's right or whose wrong - it's to do with a couple on here who are affronted that 'ordinary' people have opinions and strive to belittle them by prattling on about propounding theorems and setting theses (both sound like rather disgusting acts to me :D) and demanding to know what qualifications they have to dare to question someone with a handful of letters after their name. and deriding them for not setting a counter argument to their sad little standards.
If the leaps and bounds in medicine and technology had been left to people like these we'd still be living in caves with a life expectancy of twenty whilst they sat in a corner trying to prove how much cleverer their argument is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the pomposity of a certain few academics is creeping out from the cupboard under the stairs - it seems we mere mortals are not allowed to have an opinion any more unless we have a handful of letters after our names

I have indeed also met so many qualified idiots, I am proud to be an amateur!​

not worthy

Yeghes da

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back